make valid all competitions in multiplayer

DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Re: make valid all competitions in multiplayer

Post by DHRifleman »

antonio75439212 wrote:
DHRifleman wrote:The reason there isn't more MP comps is because it has been shown to be a waste of time. The MP comps that were created were so there could be co-op style hunting, and what do most players do, they load a hunt and password protect it so no one can get in, because they do not want to share the possible winning animal if it loads.

If EW really wanted this game to be mostly MP oriented they would make all comps available in either mode. Once people saw that teams might get an advantage over single players, a lot more people would hunt in groups. But truthfully for the most part, trophy hunting is not a team event.
I organize raids and almost never hunt an animal top

you believe animals hunting raids guarantees good

if you believe that you are wrong
Honestly I think it is 95% luck of the load, and wouldn't matter how many people were on the map. But just in case limit attempts by amount the server is set up for.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

DHRifleman he doesn't get it, he probably thinks there is 15 winning trophies on every map, must be why all the current laura comps are "monopolized" by 8 player groups ;) Only way he will get it is he is one of the 5 that didn't shoot the winning trophy, and spent 20 hours playing MP
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

K4n4y lets assume each map has a 50% chance to spawn a winning trophy, and lets assume you ALWAYS find it.

With a 5man MP group that will give you a 10% chance to shoot one, and that 10% isn't even guaranteed because other people will shoot more, to increase their own score or odds. They will also waste time tracking the same low scoring animals, or waste even more time spooking each others animal by killing the low scoring trophies. MP is NOT efficient.

I will stick to playing SP, even if i have to play more maps, a 50% chance running around by myself shooting only potential winners is MUCH more efficient.

Go do 1 goose trophy comp on an open server and come tell me, MP is unfair because they shoot every goose that is called down, want to see how you win that ;) your chance to win that is almost nothing, a person calling down goose, spotting them, and shooting only larges ones on a passworded server can get top 3 with way less effort.

Your logic is flawed, trophy comps isn't won by shooting quantity, its won by shooting selectively, pretty much every trophy comp i got top 3 in (that is not scored on weight) is done by shooting 3 or 4 animals max, Ive won a ton of roe deer/boar/hog by tracking only 1 single animal while i was doing other comps.
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

It's limit hilarious to see people defending the idea that an organized group doing driven hunts will be efficient and have the same chances of finding a big trophy on a map vs as a single guy in a competition, a well organized group with a lot of active members having free time to invest in game will trust the comps, i never spoke of a single guy of this group winning all the time but the group itself, it's pure mathematics. Guys playing in solo have to compete versus guys playing in solo, those playing in MP have to compete versus guys playing in MP everything else is unfair and unbalanced.

And for geese there is advantages in MP with only 2 guys versus a single one, the possible stacked callers effect attracting more geese, you don't even have to shoot all of them and one player with high skills levels can select the biggest ones of course but again it's pure mathematics, more geese coming down with stacked callers effect = more chances to see a big scoring one.

As for DHRifleman idea to limit the attempts yes it will balance up the things a bit but still a group will be more efficient and exploit more possibilities than a single guy in competitions so no it ain't a good idea from my point of view.

It doesn't seems that hard to create MP competitions where groups from 2 to 8 players will be able to use different tactics and compete versus each other, why EW does not implement this is something i don't understand, if it's only about giving out more em$ they can make comps last longer and combine some species scores like i explained before, but mixing guys playing alone versus guys playing in groups is not the solution.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

K4n4y wrote:It doesn't seems that hard to create MP competitions where groups from 2 to 8 players will be able to use different tactics and compete versus each other, why EW does not implement this is something i don't understand, if it's only about giving out more em$ they can make comps last longer and combine some species scores like i explained before, but mixing guys playing alone versus guys playing in groups is not the solution.
I doubt it's about a few $ in em$ a day in prizes. I think team based MP comps are more complicated than most people think.

Assume a team based MP comp for the highest scoring elk that lasts 2 days.

1.) Is the team of 2-8 player registered as a team before the comp starts?

2.) Can players be substituted during the comp? Members added and removed during the comp?

3.) Do all the member of the team have to be on the same server at the same time for a high scoring animals to count?

4.) What if half of the players are on one server, and the other half are on another server? Are both groups playing for the whole team?

5.) What if players that are not part of a team are on the server when the team, or some of the team members, are playing? Are they now part of the team? Can they help the team, but are not restricted by the attempts limit?

6.) Does an attempt get used every time one of the team member starts or joins a MP game on a reserve with elk during the comp period?

7.) Is the prize spit among all the team members, even if one or more wasn't present when the winning elk was harvested?

8.) Is the prize being split still 100 em$, so 15-20 em$ each, or is it 800 em$ so each player gets about 100 em$?

I could keep going, but I assume you see the point. I think it's doable, but it's probably not simple. And regardless of how they do it, people will complain that it's wrong or not fair.
Personal Bests...
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

K4n4y wrote:As for DHRifleman idea to limit the attempts yes it will balance up the things a bit but still a group will be more efficient and exploit more possibilities than a single guy in competitions so no it ain't a good idea from my point of view.
Because luck is such a big part of this game as far as having big ones load, the SP player with 10 attempts would end up with the advantage, over the team of 2 with 5 loads even if they are efficient. Why do you think spawn mashing success was greatly reduced because of the attempts limit.
Also if the group effort is so advantageous, why are most of the MP games where people are doing comps locked with 1 player in them?

Because the loading of animals is 100% luck of the load, it doesn't matter if every player kills every animal on the map each hunt, most will not win whether in SP or MP. There are many that believe that a single player has the advantage, and why there are so many 1 player locked MP hunts.

Just look at the clear loggers point hunt that was done. They still missed some animals, and look how long the hunt was, and they still didn't have what would have been a comp winner come out of it for any species. Luck of the load plays way to big of a part in comps, that it doesn't matter if you are in groups or not, and further limiting attempts for groups would actually give the advantage to the SP player, and make it so people like me that may want to hunt with a couple of friends may still get lucky and have the winner load and get them.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Biggamer86
Spotter

Post by Biggamer86 »

It'd be very, very refreshing to see some more multiplayer competitions we don't need everything but it's incredibly lame that all we have are birds, and 1x multispecies competition, I have a friend that I always play with and we can never partake in any competitions, we both hate bird hunting with a passion after bagging a few birds. Even just something as simple as a week long leader board for highest score of each individual animal would be cool it's always nice to see how you line up with everyone else and try to improve instead it's just kind of like oh hey I shot a 400 score elk meh whatever.
MetalMind
Outfitter

Post by MetalMind »

Biggamer86 wrote:It'd be very, very refreshing to see some more multiplayer competitions we don't need everything but it's incredibly lame that all we have are birds, and 1x multispecies competition, I have a friend that I always play with and we can never partake in any competitions, we both hate bird hunting with a passion after bagging a few birds. Even just something as simple as a week long leader board for highest score of each individual animal would be cool it's always nice to see how you line up with everyone else and try to improve instead it's just kind of like oh hey I shot a 400 score elk meh whatever.
Exactly.
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

@ Fletchette: they could for now make comps not needing anything of this, they already create special competitions when they release a new species or weapons, all those events special competitions are MP ones, why not make some work that way or like any duck and geese ones we already have ?

@DHRifleman: Luck is one thing, teamwork is another, it allows tactics to be used that will more efficient for mass harvesting than solo players, this increasing the chances.

How many elks, pigs or mule deers etc will you be able to shoot down from a males herd while playing solo before having them all out of sights ? How many will be put down by a group of players in the same time ? Or things like Ibexes hunts where it's easy to put some basic tactics in place with few players pushing them into some shooters spots, ( or brown bears in Val des Bois where you can regularly find 4 or 5 bears in a 200m perimeter and this on a map having no feeder installed ).

There is many possibilities that can be elaborated with a working group and even with reduced attempts the efficiency will never be the same between a team working together and a single guy from my point of view, i never participated in massive MP games but already experienced a few times what was possible with only 4 players working together while communicating in teamspeak and there is no way a single player can compete with this in terms of efficiency, you can have luck of course but the mathematical possibilities are clearly in favor of the group.

They can create comps in MP for whatever they want, biggest sores, biggest weights, total weights or combined scores of all animals from a map etc etc, they do it frequently with special events and weapons releases, all working the same way the ducks and geese comps work so i don't see what prevents them from instituting some comps working this way in MP even if they last one week instead of only 2 days like the SP ones to avoid em$ given out, they can also increase the SP ones duration to 3 or 4 days to compensate, i see no problem with this.

Then once they will have time to create a more complex really team based comps where a full team will be rewarded they could do it, but this might need too much work on the back-end to work nicely.
antonio75439212
Spotter

Post by antonio75439212 »

K4n4y wrote:@ Fletchette: they could for now make comps not needing anything of this, they already create special competitions when they release a new species or weapons, all those events special competitions are MP ones, why not make some work that way or like any duck and geese ones we already have ?

@DHRifleman: Luck is one thing, teamwork is another, it allows tactics to be used that will more efficient for mass harvesting than solo players, this increasing the chances.

How many elks, pigs or mule deers etc will you be able to shoot down from a males herd while playing solo before having them all out of sights ? How many will be put down by a group of players in the same time ? Or things like Ibexes hunts where it's easy to put some basic tactics in place with few players pushing them into some shooters spots, ( or brown bears in Val des Bois where you can regularly find 4 or 5 bears in a 200m perimeter and this on a map having no feeder installed ).

There is many possibilities that can be elaborated with a working group and even with reduced attempts the efficiency will never be the same between a team working together and a single guy from my point of view, i never participated in massive MP games but already experienced a few times what was possible with only 4 players working together while communicating in teamspeak and there is no way a single player can compete with this in terms of efficiency, you can have luck of course but the mathematical possibilities are clearly in favor of the group.

They can create comps in MP for whatever they want, biggest sores, biggest weights, total weights or combined scores of all animals from a map etc etc, they do it frequently with special events and weapons releases, all working the same way the ducks and geese comps work so i don't see what prevents them from instituting some comps working this way in MP even if they last one week instead of only 2 days like the SP ones to avoid em$ given out, they can also increase the SP ones duration to 3 or 4 days to compensate, i see no problem with this.

Then once they will have time to create a more complex really team based comps where a full team will be rewarded they could do it, but this might need too much work on the back-end to work nicely.
I participate in raids and can hunt many animals large quantity but little quality animal never caze top
top hunting animals is just luck
hunting team does not guarantee good animal
in the hunting mathematics do not have 2 + 2 does not equal 4
Hunting is a matter luck moose kills 230 109 when barrel will fill food for bears

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”