make valid all competitions in multiplayer

Dillion1111
Scout

Re: make valid all competitions in multiplayer

Post by Dillion1111 »

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think many people that do comps want the multi-player ability simply because they want to tab out of their game and do other things while sitting in a blind for 12 hours a day, whereas in single player mode it puts the game on pause.

Tell me I'm wrong but I doubt it for a few folks.

If you're in a comp why would you want other hunters on your reserve that may find that trophy animal that you otherwise would have had?

Also, It is too easy for people to cheat in MP, if one person is in 2nd or 3rd or 10th position and your buddy shoots a trophy, what keeps you from claiming it so you can win, or vice versa?

There is also the issue with feeders, you can hunt your buddies feeders and he can hunt yours.

The competitions are set up to be a competition, not a combined team effort.

Now if they want to have team competitions, I'm all for that.
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

antonio75439212 wrote:
I participate in raids and can hunt many animals large quantity but little quality animal never caze top
top hunting animals is just luck
hunting team does not guarantee good animal
in the hunting mathematics do not have 2 + 2 does not equal 4
Hunting is a matter luck moose kills 230 109 when barrel will fill food for bears
I have some of my biggest scoring animals shot this season done in MP games, not necessarily doing driven hunts but playing with few mates ... So nope, your personal experience does not reflect what it is possible to be done, the facts are simple : MP allows use of teamwork that will have a greater efficiency than any single player can have hunting alone, and while the luck is of course involved the statistical chances to have a group finding and shooting more animals and thus a trophy versus a single guy alone is way greater and not comparable at all in terms of efficiency or opportunities so no it isn't fair to have competitions where solo guys have to compete versus a group of players even if only one guy of the group will get a trophy animal.

Solo guys vs other solo guys, team and groups versus other teams and grouped players is the only way to keep it fair.
antonio75439212
Spotter

Post by antonio75439212 »

K4n4y wrote:
antonio75439212 wrote:
I participate in raids and can hunt many animals large quantity but little quality animal never caze top
top hunting animals is just luck
hunting team does not guarantee good animal
in the hunting mathematics do not have 2 + 2 does not equal 4
Hunting is a matter luck moose kills 230 109 when barrel will fill food for bears
I have some of my biggest scoring animals shot this season done in MP games, not necessarily doing driven hunts but playing with few mates ... So nope, your personal experience does not reflect what it is possible to be done, the facts are simple : MP allows use of teamwork that will have a greater efficiency than any single player can have hunting alone, and while the luck is of course involved the statistical chances to have a group finding and shooting more animals and thus a trophy versus a single guy alone is way greater and not comparable at all in terms of efficiency or opportunities so no it isn't fair to have competitions where solo guys have to compete versus a group of players even if only one guy of the group will get a trophy animal.

Solo guys vs other solo guys, team and groups versus other teams and grouped players is the only way to keep it fair.
I participate in raids but my best animales cazados single player
The competition does not reward many dead animals
competition rewards best animal diedimals killed
competition rewards best animal killed

antonio75439212
Spotter

Post by antonio75439212 »

Dillion1111 wrote:Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think many people that do comps want the multi-player ability simply because they want to tab out of their game and do other things while sitting in a blind for 12 hours a day, whereas in single player mode it puts the game on pause.

If you're in a comp why would you want other hunters on your reserve that may find that trophy animal that you otherwise would have had?

Also, It is too easy for people to cheat in MP, if one person is in 2nd or 3rd or 10th position and your buddy shoots a trophy, what keeps you from claiming it so you can win, or vice versa?

There is also the issue with feeders, you can hunt your buddies feeders and he can hunt yours.

you do not know score animal until hunter mate
want my dead animal into competition in sigle player or multiplayer

Dillion1111
Scout

Post by Dillion1111 »

antonio75439212 wrote:
Dillion1111 wrote:Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think many people that do comps want the multi-player ability simply because they want to tab out of their game and do other things while sitting in a blind for 12 hours a day, whereas in single player mode it puts the game on pause.

you do not know score animal until hunter mate
want my dead animal into competition in sigle player or multiplayer

What?

Maybe you didn't understand my post.

Being able to hunt MP competition gives the advantage of being able to share bait sites with your buddies, where as in single player you cannot.

It also allows you to tab out of the game and do other things and just have your character sit there for hours upon hours while not actually hunting then popping back in when they hear something. For example when I'm in MP in a tree stand I am often surfing the net and listening for footsteps or calls; is that something people should be able to do in a MP competition?

The competitions need to be redesigned, make some team comps and leave the single player comps alone would be my suggestion. Then everyone has an equal chance to win. There are some people in this game that aren't part of a hunting club or have a bunch of buddies where they can share 10 bait sites with and therefore that makes a MP competition unfair as it currently stands.

As for the huntermate and score, I'm not sure what you're talking about, my huntermate gives me a pretty good idea when a pig will score over 1000 or a buck will score in the 200 range potentially. But if I can jump onto someone's map and check out their pig bait sites and find the largest one, it provides an unfair advantage or if my buddy 500m away shoots a huge one and saves it for me to claim it, its an unfair advantage.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

@Dillion1111, just an FYI.......In single player you can also tab out to the desktop and do other things if you're in windowed mode. The game keeps running just like in MP. You can also switch back and forth between full-screen and windowed mode with <Alt><Enter>. And full-screen windowed mode look exactly like full-screen mode.
Personal Bests...
insub
Hunter

Post by insub »

Fletchette wrote:@Dillion1111, just an FYI.......In single player you can also tab out to the desktop and do other things if you're in windowed mode. The game keeps running just like in MP. You can also switch back and forth between full-screen and windowed mode with <Alt><Enter>. And full-screen windowed mode look exactly like full-screen mode.

boss tip.

im all for better multiplayer and team comps
Bedja

Post by Bedja »

MetalMind wrote:
Biggamer86 wrote:It'd be very, very refreshing to see some more multiplayer competitions we don't need everything but it's incredibly lame that all we have are birds, and 1x multispecies competition, I have a friend that I always play with and we can never partake in any competitions, we both hate bird hunting with a passion after bagging a few birds. Even just something as simple as a week long leader board for highest score of each individual animal would be cool it's always nice to see how you line up with everyone else and try to improve instead it's just kind of like oh hey I shot a 400 score elk meh whatever.
Exactly.
It would be nice to see some more Multiplayer Competitions, i would love to be able to play The Hunter with my wife and still be able to compete against other players for the highest scoring "animal", currently we are forced to sit next to each other playing singleplayer if we want to participate in the competitions. :roll:
Magnificent
Tracker

Post by Magnificent »

it would be real nice to have several more multi player comps me and friends talk while hunting and its fun to compete that way! MORE MULTI PLAYER COMPS FOR A MULTI PLAYER GAME!
insub
Hunter

Post by insub »

Akemaru wrote:Nope!

Long range would be much easier, not to mention cheaper!

ew promised no pay to win ;0

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”