make valid all competitions in multiplayer

K4n4y
Hunter

Re: make valid all competitions in multiplayer

Post by K4n4y »

Could be yeah ... but they also could avoid giving too much em$ by making the MP comps last longer than the SP ones, maybe 5 days to full week for each MP comp to cut the em$ given out, they could do some comps combining the scores of some animals on the maps, biggest scoring mule + biggest scoring whitetail, biggest scoring blacktail + heaviest elk etc etc.

This will reduce the number of active comps by combining species present on the same maps compared to one competition by species like in SP, all this combined with competitions lasting longer than SP ones so guys playing regularly in MP together but only once or twice a week can have a chance in all competitions if they are active for a complete week, i think it will be still nice enough for everybody.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

K4n4y wrote:The locked MP comps is pretty much what is done for ducks ans geese comps, there is a lot of MP sessions for those but most of them are just locked... never understood why they force players to create MP for those comps ... beside getting pinged each time someone refreshes the servers list i really don't see why it needs to be MP, and you can see some nice other trophies during your birds hunt but you are screwed as you can't participate in the others SP comps.

It's also the same story with each special comps they do when they create new species , it needs to be done in MP and all you see is locked servers ...

Solution is simple : they can create specific oriented MP comps or they make more simple ones based on best scoring only, at least people who enjoy to play in MP will be able to participate in them, but making the current SP ones available in SP & MP nope, it will be completely unfair for all those doing it alone in SP, duplicate the SP ones in MP if needed and out of ideas or too lazy to create new ones for MP mode and nobody will complain, at least all those participating in MP one will have equal chances, those doing the SP ones will also be on the same level playing fields.
As you stated, and I as well, most MP comps are locked single player in an MP hunt. I don't think it would be any different if they created duplicate SP comps in MP except for those that hunt MP but not as a group, but spread out over the map in their own areas.

I understand the reason you want them which is the same as myself, which is I might sometimes like to hunt with friends on the same map, but don't want to miss winning a comp when I get lucky and find the big one loaded.

I think if they opened up some of the SP comps to include MP as well, you will not see groups working together for one of them to win. What you will see is friends hunting on the same map, and maybe one of them will win, but not due to help from the others. Really what is the worst that could happen, a few groups start dominating those comps, well if that happens changes can be made just as always. As it is now you pretty much chose to hunt MP for fun only, or you do comps (MP & SP) alone. Opening them up will allow you to hunt MP for fun while competing in the comps. Seems like a win/win to me.

What it would do is bring back the fun it used to be before MP, when you could chat with your friends and see if they placed in a comp you were also in.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

How is 6 guys doing a driven hunt "unfair".

Lets say the winning score for a whitetail is going to be a 195 buck, now you have 6 people running around 1 map looking for a 195 buck right, only 1 person shoots it, i still have to beat 195 on the comp, the other 5 gets nothing, and the other 5 could have been single player maps.... also potentially get 195+ bucks. Really don't see how its unfair.

Also i said i can understand why long range comps is a problem, so don't bring that up, i don't want those MP. Trophy stuff how ever is a win, the more people who do it in MP, the less competition you have
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

The only way i would do multiplayer comps is as follow:

Let players register a team
Enter your TEAM into a comp
Add the 2 top trophies together, for either player
Score the comp combined score for the 2 best trophies, doesn't matter who shoots them.
Stick with the 100-50-25 rewards and divide the winnings(yes u can get 0.5 when you win another it will be 1, wont make a difference)

Imo MP comps wont work in a environment where there is only 1 winner, hence the reason people host MP games and password it, i only got my goose spread 2 weeks ago and i would probably never play it MP for a comp
MetalMind
Outfitter

Post by MetalMind »

Just bring the multiplayer competitions for every specie. Just biggest buck / bear. Forget about long range ones. Just give me the reason to play multiplayer, SOME reason, really :)
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

waiora wrote:How is 6 guys doing a driven hunt "unfair".

Lets say the winning score for a whitetail is going to be a 195 buck, now you have 6 people running around 1 map looking for a 195 buck right, only 1 person shoots it, i still have to beat 195 on the comp, the other 5 gets nothing, and the other 5 could have been single player maps.... also potentially get 195+ bucks. Really don't see how its unfair.

Also i said i can understand why long range comps is a problem, so don't bring that up, i don't want those MP. Trophy stuff how ever is a win, the more people who do it in MP, the less competition you have
If you don't see how an active and organized group of max 8 players working together doing driven hunts on each species can monopolize the comps results then i can nothing for you, only one of the group will win yeah but that's not the point, the point is that driven organized hunts will always beat a single player in terms of efficiency and results, it's easy with a large and active group to do this, a single player won't stand a chance versus such organized group, he can be lucky once but overall it will just be a big unfair advantage for the guys playing together to be on the same competitions with single players.

Is that hard to imagine how a group can organize itself to make one of the members win the competitions and how unfair it will be to have 8 guys working together to make a single one from the group win versus a single dude hunting alone in this game ?
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

K4n4y wrote:
waiora wrote:How is 6 guys doing a driven hunt "unfair".

If you don't see how an active and organized group of max 8 players working together doing driven hunts on each species can monopolize the comps results then i can nothing for you, only one of the group will win yeah but that's not the point, the point is that driven organized hunts will always beat a single player in terms of efficiency and results, it's easy with a large and active group to do this, a single player won't stand a chance versus such organized group, he can be lucky once but overall it will just be a big unfair advantage for the guys playing together to be on the same competitions with single players.

Is that hard to imagine how a group can organize itself to make one of the members win the competitions and how unfair it will be to have 8 guys working together to make a single one from the group win versus a single dude hunting alone in this game ?
I understand that 8 people working together can be more efficient that a single player, but you still have luck of the load where those 8 may not have a winner on the map and the single player does. Also I don't think you will have 8 people working together, or it would be happening now in MP comps, and it really doesn't.

Just limit the attempts based on the amount of players the server is set for. If it has a 10 attempt limit, then a server set to 5 players has now 2 loads they can do. That will offset the advantage of working as a team, because you get 2 loads to the single players 10. Meaning the single now has a better chance of a winner loading because they have 10 shots at it, but still has a tougher time finding it. The team of five can will have a better chance of finding the best on the map, but only get 2 loads to do it in, so they may not have a winner in either load.

Even doing that, I still think most will hunt closed MP like now because they don't want to share the possible winner that loaded.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
antonio75439212
Spotter

Post by antonio75439212 »

JackRbbt wrote:Not a good idea! Just think of long range shooting competitions and how it is made in single player and how can be made in multi-player. ;)

you can still be performed in single player
I say things validating for two multiplayer and single player

I do not want to remove single player competitions

I want all possible single player or multiplayer competitions

antonio75439212
Spotter

DHRifleman wrote:The reason there isn't more MP comps is because it has been shown to be a waste of time. The MP comps that were created were so there could be co-op style hunting, and what do most players do, they load a hunt and password protect it so no one can get in, because they do not want to share the possible winning animal if it loads.

If EW really wanted this game to be mostly MP oriented they would make all comps available in either mode. Once people saw that teams might get an advantage over single players, a lot more people would hunt in groups. But truthfully for the most part, trophy hunting is not a team event.
I organize raids and almost never hunt an animal top

you believe animals hunting raids guarantees good

if you believe that you are wrong

antonio75439212
Spotter

DHRifleman wrote:
K4n4y wrote:The locked MP comps is pretty much what is done for ducks ans geese comps, there is a lot of MP sessions for those but most of them are just locked... never understood why they force players to create MP for those comps ... beside getting pinged each time someone refreshes the servers list i really don't see why it needs to be MP, and you can see some nice other trophies during your birds hunt but you are screwed as you can't participate in the others SP comps.

It's also the same story with each special comps they do when they create new species , it needs to be done in MP and all you see is locked servers ...

Solution is simple : they can create specific oriented MP comps or they make more simple ones based on best scoring only, at least people who enjoy to play in MP will be able to participate in them, but making the current SP ones available in SP & MP nope, it will be completely unfair for all those doing it alone in SP, duplicate the SP ones in MP if needed and out of ideas or too lazy to create new ones for MP mode and nobody will complain, at least all those participating in MP one will have equal chances, those doing the SP ones will also be on the same level playing fields.
As you stated, and I as well, most MP comps are locked single player in an MP hunt. I don't think it would be any different if they created duplicate SP comps in MP except for those that hunt MP but not as a group, but spread out over the map in their own areas.

I understand the reason you want them which is the same as myself, which is I might sometimes like to hunt with friends on the same map, but don't want to miss winning a comp when I get lucky and find the big one loaded.

I think if they opened up some of the SP comps to include MP as well, you will not see groups working together for one of them to win. What you will see is friends hunting on the same map, and maybe one of them will win, but not due to help from the others. Really what is the worst that could happen, a few groups start dominating those comps, well if that happens changes can be made just as always. As it is now you pretty much chose to hunt MP for fun only, or you do comps (MP & SP) alone. Opening them up will allow you to hunt MP for fun while competing in the comps. Seems like a win/win to me.

What it would do is bring back the fun it used to be before MP, when you could chat with your friends and see if they placed in a comp you were also in.
Laura Francese's competitions are done in multiplayer because not all equal

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”