Not having to activate competitions

SeeDoe
Scout

Not having to activate competitions

Post by SeeDoe »

I have thought about this for a while but didn't really want to post it until now. I'm not sure if it's been suggested before either. My suggestion is that competitions are more of an opt-out, than an opt-in design. Rather always have the competitions active unless you don't want to participate, and have a setting or option to always have them disabled. They would still have the ability to activate them individually or not.

If you always want them active, either by species, reserve, weapon type, or other criteria, you would have the ability to choose those competitions based on the criteria.

The reason for all of this is because I can't count how many times I've forgotten to activate a competition and end up shooting a high scoring animal that would have ranked in the competition. It's kind of tedious to go to the competitions page navigating 5 different tabs to activate every competition each day. At least an "activate all" would be nice. I think the selective criteria would be a good addition to this as well. But if competitions were always active, there wouldn't be the worry about missing out on a reward. Of course all those who are very competitive and solely play for the competitions would not like the idea of someone unknowingly beating them in a competition. Thoughts?
chewik
Outfitter

Re: Not having to activate competitions

Post by chewik »

I dont think it would help. many comps still require specific gun, gear, distance etc., so the player need to check it before the hunt -> he can also activate it.
SeeDoe
Scout

Post by SeeDoe »

chewik wrote:I dont think it would help. many comps still require specific gun, gear, distance etc., so the player need to check it before the hunt -> he can also activate it.
Well exactly, if you want to know specifics of active competitions then you won't mind going to check the requirements. It's just tedious checking the competitions page each day to activate new ones when it would be nice to have a one button solution to activate all.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

Defiantly not. Too many comps are won because people activate everything and come across something big on the off chance and have there inventory filled up with different weapons.

Personally I'd like to see it restricted to maybe 3 comps active at 1 time. And if there's another comp you want to join leave 1 and void your position in it.

Can't wait to see how unpopular my suggestion is tbh that's why I've never pushed it In The forum because I'm probably the only 1 that thinks like this. Haha
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

Sounds like you want to increase your odds of winning by being enrolled in every comp automatically. Think about it. Instead of competing against a few hundred people, now you're competing against everyone and most won't even know they are competing.
SeeDoe
Scout

Post by SeeDoe »

tbug wrote:Sounds like you want to increase your odds of winning by being enrolled in every comp automatically. Think about it. Instead of competing against a few hundred people, now you're competing against everyone and most won't even know they are competing.
That's true, unless by default they are always disabled and the option to enable all is manually triggered by the user, so that they knowingly competing. So that would make it more of an opt-in as well. Simply I just want an "Activate All" button lol
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

Personally I like this idea.

Come on guys, really. Think about it:

You are basically saying that you don't want your trophy competing against higher scoring animals. I think they should always have been opt-out. The biggest trophy should always win the competition - this whole competition sign up deal is repetitive, tedious, and dull.
homk

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”