Wildlife Photography Mission Pack

Exanimis
Hunter

Re: Wildlife Photography Mission Pack

Post by Exanimis »

Maybe if the shop offered better cameras and telephoto lenses. cameras could match gun prices and lenses could match scopes. This post is my way of keeping this thread alive and adding a +1
lisarob
Hunter

Post by lisarob »

awesome and really well written, a perfect mission pack
eFx7
Hunter

Post by eFx7 »

+1 because I've got a passion for photography irl. This would be an awesome addition to the game. :D
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

Exanimis wrote:Maybe if the shop offered better cameras and telephoto lenses. cameras could match gun prices and lenses could match scopes. This post is my way of keeping this thread alive and adding a +1
This is an excellent idea! I would love for some of the items to be available for $GM though. I work full time and extra on the side and I can barely afford rent as is, so buying these things with real money is a sad improbability and not on my real priority list.
homk
JSfoto

Post by JSfoto »

As an avid wildlife photographer, I feel that if this game fully embraced photography as a way to interact with the game without disturbing wildlife would increase the potential audience for the game, even as far as advertising the add on in photography related places would draw new numbers to the game. Maybe even gain xp by photographing animals, score it similarly to when you kill them. You could perhaps also score it based off of how much of the frame is filled by the animal or animals, some range calculation to lens size thing. Just an idea from a photog.

Image IMG Copyrighted holder is Jake Sigal All rights reserved
Mwall
Tracker

Post by Mwall »

Excellent ! I really Love this Idea :) and your mission pack looks like it could be fun :) I hope the Dev's are reading this :)
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Why isn't this getting more attention?! This seems like one of the best ideas that I have seen on this forum, this mission pack would be PERFECT for new hunters who don't have the necessary weapons or experience to harvest certain animals. The developers could even host a forums competition on who can design the best photography mission pack.

The only issue I see is that the game code cannot recognize when an animal is in a picture, but I think developers could look into "Spotting" code and base the picture code off of spotting code which can recognize animals from around 30 meters away with the unaided eye.

*EDIT*

Regarding my comment that the game code would not recognize animals in pictures, I think I was pretty wrong about it being hard to implement since a game from 2003 called Jurrasic Park Operation Genesis is able to recognize the pictures you take of different dinosaurs doing different actions.

Here is an example video from the game's photography mission:

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”