100em is not good at all

RedDog2

Re: 100em is not good at all

Post by RedDog2 »

I am a newby in here.

As a long time gamer ( I'm 67 years old, a former Hunter, and hardware Tech (retired) that can't hunt any more because of health problems. I played first person shooters for a long time, and spent a lot of money on those, then I found this game .Since the first time I came in here I knew that this was the game I had been missing all this time. Sure, I have spent a few hundred dollars in here, but that was a choice I made, and every cent I have spent in here, I personally consider well spent. Now that I have most of the gear I want, it only cost's me for ammo and supplies which I buy with GMS when I have it to spend.

Where else can I play a game, that I can leave the keyboard to grab a coffee or take a washroom break, and not have to worry about getting whacked.

As far as the EMS in game, we all make Our own decisions about that ,as it should be. If you don't want some of your spent cash back that's fine, but don't deny the other players, who might want to try and regain some of what they spent by trying to win competitions, they also have a right to choose the type of game they want to play.

Just my thoughts on this as a new player to the game. And Finally yes I get annoyed at times in here due to my lack of experience in-game, but it's me I get frustrated with, not the game.
Jackulwulf
Spotter

Post by Jackulwulf »

I personally don't think the 100em should be taken away from the competitions. I think the comps are a good way to give players who can't spend money on the game a chance to earn some em to buy things. Sure, most people who can't spend money would only have the mule deer comps to try and earn em from but its something. I for one am on hard times right now, I am unemployed at the moment and cannot spend a lot of money on the game. I have spent quite a bit in the past and do plan on continuing to spend when I have the money to do so, but at the moment I am on a limited budget. And winning a bit of em every so often really brightens my day. I would be willing to bet that everyone who is against the em prize for comps are people who have the money to spend on the game, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
insub
Hunter

Post by insub »

im with having weekly and monthly larger comps with better rewards. taking away em$ for the comps is just silly.
KnifeSmile
Scout

Post by KnifeSmile »

Removing EM from competitions is a bad idea. In fact they should add more ways to earn EM without needing to pay for it. And I don't say that because I want to be able to get more EM without paying for it. I pay for my EM, thanks, I'm a grownup with a small but reliable income. I can handle paying for things I want. However, speaking as someone with experience in game design and game administration, I have repeatedly observed that people are more likely to spend money when given opportunities to not spend money. Sounds paradoxical, I know, but here's how it works. If you provide a challenging way to get something by working for it, and also provide a way to get the same thing for money, a lot of people will buy the thing when they might otherwise not have because buying it feels like their own choice rather than something the game is forcing on them. In short, if you give people the option to either take the quick and easy route or earn something for free with work, often they will choose the quick and easy route and will not mind doing it. By the same token, people are more likely to spend five dollars ten times than they are to spend fifty dollars once.

So the best way to maximize income is to provide a reasonable number and variety of ways to earn the game's features without paying for them, while also offering those features and items for reasonable RL-cash prices. One way to achieve this is to have two currencies - an in-game currency that is earned by playing the game and a cash currency that is earned by buying it and possibly from winning contests or other game events, and then allowing people to purchase the cash currency from other players using the game currency. This ensures that most of the paid currency in the game was paid for by someone at some point, ensuring income flow for the company and the game, yet at the same time it allows people who cannot or prefer not to spend RL money on the game to earn the cash currency and the items you can buy with it. It's a win-win for the company and the player base. Again, this is not speculation on my part - I have observed this in real time and been responsible for earning games money using these sorts of tactics. They -work- and I really think EW needs to stop being so conservative and commit to the microtransaction paradigm. They're halfway there, but their high prices and lack of certain essential features (like currency and item trading) mean the game cannot benefit as thoroughly as it could, nor can it develop an internal economy capable of boosting the game's overall income through increasing traffic between players and giving people more reason to buy the paid currency. I play many games in which a lot of paid currency is bought by people specifically and solely to sell it to other players for game currency, so they have enough game currency to do things they want to do. These dollars would simply not be spent if that feature did not exist.

In short, not only should payments for competitions stay in place, there should be other ways to earn moderate amounts of EM, and other features conducive to the creation of a site economy and the enhancement of EW's revenue stream.
Ash1302
Scout

Post by Ash1302 »

Earn em$ does not work for me, so I agree on better rewards.

I support the game as much as possible but we all have limits.

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”