Archery bow shooting course

extremebowhunter12
Hunter

Archery bow shooting course

Post by extremebowhunter12 »

So I have gone to a few archery shoots irl, why don't they have them with the game in MP. like a shoot thru of 40 targets with animals like elk even. I would love to have this and even have comp where you can register and what you get from the shoot is your score. this can be taken pretty far too. What do you guys think?
Knut
Outfitter

Re: Archery bow shooting course

Post by Knut »

why just archery? why not competitions on all ranges?

see e.g.: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=45793

whatever it might be, I'd be in for it.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Sir Bollofocks

Post by Sir Bollofocks »

The problem as I am sure you would know comes from the fact that in the Uk at least the NFAS or National Field Archery Society has seperate categories for everything. So you would need

Primitive - English Longbow, recurve, or shot with traditional Ash or POC arrows with natural feathers problem is both of these bows have different draw weights so you would need to split it into 2.
Compound - actually two categories; one for normal sights and one for the parker python 5 pin
Crossbow -

so thats 5 different competitions and thats just loosely based on the English stuff
extremebowhunter12
Hunter

Sir Bollofocks wrote:The problem as I am sure you would know comes from the fact that in the Uk at least the NFAS or National Field Archery Society has seperate categories for everything. So you would need

Primitive - English Longbow, recurve, or shot with traditional Ash or POC arrows with natural feathers problem is both of these bows have different draw weights so you would need to split it into 2.
Compound - actually two categories; one for normal sights and one for the parker python 5 pin
Crossbow -

so thats 5 different competitions and thats just loosely based on the English stuff
they could have it so it can be any bow... just you add up the points of what you hit on the animal, for instance, the smallest circle would be 12pts, then one slightly bigger would be 10pts, then one bigger than that would be 8pts, then 5pts for a body shot, and 0pts for a miss. but they could have it so the person hosting the competition can choose what weapons are used for the competition. but in all reality, the host can just kick the person who chooses not to follow the rules. so pretty much a simple system where it adds up points for each player and says it on all players screens in the chat. the shooting course I am thinking of is where you walk to the shooting area and shoot that target, then follow the marked path to the next target after you get a closer look on where you hit, this could be up to 40 targets of 3d animals, offering challenging shots throughout the shoot.
Sir Bollofocks

Post by Sir Bollofocks »

The course layout you describe is exactly the way NFAS shooting is done, animal sillouhettes or 3d models or paper animals set on a course you walk. but they still have all those different classes of competition because it is much harder to shoot accurately with a longbow than a compound with a 5 pin rangefinding sight fitted to it for example. I still think its a wonderful idea.
extremebowhunter12
Hunter

Sir Bollofocks wrote:The course layout you describe is exactly the way NFAS shooting is done, animal sillouhettes or 3d models or paper animals set on a course you walk. but they still have all those different classes of competition because it is much harder to shoot accurately with a longbow than a compound with a 5 pin rangefinding sight fitted to it for example. I still think its a wonderful idea.
I know the point your trying to make, but unless they had it so its a competition like the ones we have now for animals, I don't think classes will need to be added as the host can control this. it wouldn't be a bad Idea though to have several points to shoot from, compounds shoot like 60m while the longbow or recurve is 30m to say. as from setting it up for youth, that's not needed, just 2 different shooting points for each target should be enough. irl yes they do have the divisions of these groups and the younger archers called peewees for instance shoot at like 5-10 yards, while traditional is different. but they should also have it so the different bows are aloud to be shot at the close marker and long range marker and still receive a score so its fitting for the more advanced or less advanced archers. I think this idea can be taken pretty far though if they wanted too or they could have it as simple as of what I said. I think just a walk through shooting course would be really fun even if it didn't have scores, I do this irl for good practice before season comes.
CaptainGravy
Tracker

Post by CaptainGravy »

extremebowhunter12 wrote:So I have gone to a few archery shoots irl, why don't they have them with the game in MP. like a shoot thru of 40 targets with animals like elk even. I would love to have this and even have comp where you can register and what you get from the shoot is your score. this can be taken pretty far too. What do you guys think?

All for it!

Sounds like great fun!

Cavemanhead

Check out my Youtube channel! Gameplays and guides for theHunter and more! http://tinyurl.com/y8zpld37

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”