Competition suggestions

Tempast
Scout

Re: Competition suggestions

Post by Tempast »

New Range competitions, such as longest range kill shot on species x with weapon x, scopeless. The scopeless longest range is the important part that I'm emphasizing here.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

There are at least two competitions I can think of with no scope:

Roe Deer: Straight Iron - Harvest a Roe Deer from the longest distance using only the iron sights of the .243 Rifle to win.
Whitetail Deer: Iron Man - Harvest the highest scoring Whitetail buck from over 50m (approx. 163ft.) without using a scope to win.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
butter8808
Hunter

Post by butter8808 »

The devs need to do something about the rendering of the weapon sights when trying to shoot scope less, it does not give you a realistic view of looking down the barrel through iron sights. The reason that for 100 years they used nothing but iron sights is because they are very instinctive and very accurate. I don't feel that the format now presents that, it makes it much too hard to see the animal you are trying to aim at while using the sights. Too much of the gun and sights actually get in the way of the first person perspective. In my opinion anyway, and I have shot a lot of rounds through a lot of open sights in my 37 years
BillytheCrayon
Scout

Post by BillytheCrayon »

I would love to see competitions posted like a week in advance. That way, I can plan ahead for my favorite comps, let my friends know about it, things like that.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I used to make a plan, but then things changed too frequent and I stopped.

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=30420
(Warning! Plan outdated!)

Why don't you make one? :)

But I think even without an overview you can plan ahead. The comps repeat every two weeks.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
BillytheCrayon
Scout

Post by BillytheCrayon »

HooCairs wrote:I used to make a plan, but then things changed too frequent and I stopped.

http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=126&t=30420
(Warning! Plan outdated!)

Why don't you make one? :)

But I think even without an overview you can plan ahead. The comps repeat every two weeks.

That much, I didn't know. I might have to look into that.
friction28
Scout

Post by friction28 »

Any chance we can get the trophies back peter/team instead of medals.
MrEnzO
Outfitter

Post by MrEnzO »

I do not know if this has been raised before but would be nice if you could have some sort of competition that has many variables to consider. Not only the weight and score or distance. But a combination of all. Maybe you have to take in three, four or five, maybe even more different things to consider.

And the different things would give different points.
Here are some things that could be included.
The point is not final. There are only suggestions.

Things that give points are.
Writes a few letters in () to show how a calculation might look like later.

Which stance you shoot from. (S)
Prone. 1,25
Crouching. 1,65
Standing. 2,0

Distance of the shot. The range. (R)

What the animal looks like. (A)
Weight.
Points.

If you shoot with a scope or not. Rifle Scope. (RS)
Scope. 1,25
No scope. 2,5

Where the shot takes on the animal. If there are vital parts or not. (V)
And those vital parts can be judged differently.
Depending on how hard they are to hit.

Platform. What platform the animal is shot from. (P)
None. 2,0
Ground Blind. 1,25
Tree Stand. 1,25
Hunting tower. 1,25
I do not know which one is most difficult to shoot from.

What kind of weapon you are shooting with.

The entire hunt can be evaluated.

The length of the hunt. Longer = Less points. Assume two hours (in-game) is a good length for a hunt. It provides no penalty points. Say that you start at 60 points. Do you play only 30 minutes (in-game) so you get 45 penalty points. (PP)

Bonus animals. Number of animals you shoot.
What sortes animals. Animals that are more difficult to shoot your point total.
A bear gives points than a female whitetail.

Things that give minus is.

Number of shots you need to shoot the animal. (AH)
1 hits = 0 points. 2 hits = 2 points. 3 hits = 4 points. 4 hits = 5 points.
Bad hit percentages. (BP)

Short hunts. Punish players who try to restart right away to find a better animal. (PP)

These calculations, for example, can be included in a hunt.
Stance (S). Rifle Scope (RS). Platform (P). The range (R). What the animal looks like (A).
Animal hits (AH). Bad hit percentages (BH). Short hunts penalty points (PP).
Bonus Animals (BA)
A calculation can for instance look like this when.

((S + RS + P) * R + A) + BA - (AH + BH * PP) / 10 = your results

That I share with 10, because otherwise it becomes kind 4-6000 points. Looks a little better 4-600 points. :)

I know it will be confusing but it's the whole point. You shall not just be in one place and take a shot, but you are rewarded for moving around and research around a bit. You may shoot a big moose and three white tails, two bears. But you may shoot them all without rifle scope, standing at 90 meters and you played for two hours. Then you will win over those who lay down in prone position and shot at 200 meters and got two big mooses, a roosevelt elk and a blacktail and played for a hours.

You should not have an advantage because you have checked one location and know that here I can shoot 247 meters. But you will be rewarded for moving around and hunt in different places. And for longer hunts.
R2Detour
Hunter

Post by R2Detour »

(I tried reading through the thread, but seeing it is way past my bedtime it was quickly skipped through and I might have missed suggestions I'm about to suggest. Sorry for that)

First of all I'd like to see some week long competitions, especially for Top Score type competitions, maybe with a bit higher winnings. This to give people more time to be able to join a competition and to stick to it.

I'd like to see a time limit for hunts counted towards the competition of no less than one hour. It seems to me that some people might be using the spawn/respawn a bit too much. Not that I even know how that works, but I've read several articles about here in the forum.

I'd like to see map specific competitions, not just animal specific.

I'd like to see some combination competitions like:

-Far and Near = The longest distance shot substracted by the shortest distance shot, biggest differential wins.
-Mr and Mrs = Heaviest buck and doe (or male and female) combination.
-Black and White = Biggest scoring Blacktail buck plus biggest scoring Whitetail buck.
-Tic Tac Toe = Either animal shot with three different weapons, the collective score counts.
-Hirschfelden Masters = The collective score of all animals in Hirschfelden, or the average score.

And some other competitions like:

-The Chef = Collect the most mushrooms
-Rare Bear = Most chocolate/glacier/cinnamon/blonde bears harvested.
-Sleeping Giant = Biggest scoring animal killed while sleeping (the animal, not the hunter ;))
-Disc Jockey = Highest score on the clay disc shooting range in a set amount of rounds.
-Totaled = The total score of all specific animals harvested during the run of the competition

I'd also like to see team competitions where you can join a friend and the total or average score between the two goes on the scoring board.

R2
RangerV1
Outfitter

Post by RangerV1 »

I would like to see Highest scoring animal and lowest scoring animal in the same hunt.
like a 32 whitetail and a 182 whitetail buck-biggest difference in score wins.

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”