Competition suggestions

Lion Martinez
Outfitter

Competition suggestions

Post by Lion Martinez »

All thoughts and suggestions regarding competitions go here.
Mrlex13
Master Competitor

Re: Competition suggestions

Post by Mrlex13 »

I think the competition for hogs are poorly made. We should have average score and weight and not kill all.Then change detection hogs pls
Lion Martinez
Outfitter

Post by Lion Martinez »

You'll be happy to know that Wild Things has been changed to average instead of total. Loggin' Hogs we'll keep as it is for July but I'll take a look at it for August.
DereFonzie
Outfitter

Post by DereFonzie »

3 stage tournaments, top 50% get through each phase, and the winner of the 3rd stage wins :D
NAOutdoors
Master Hunter

Post by NAOutdoors »

More weapon specific competitions... Would like to see a Bull Elk comp with the bow, heart and/or lung shot to qualify. ;)
Cutch
Master Competitor

Post by Cutch »

naoutdoors wrote:More weapon specific competitions... Would like to see a Bull Elk comp with the bow, heart and/or lung shot to qualify. ;)
I like David's suggestions, more comps for the bow. And, the arrows must hit the heart OR LUNGS. This would work with the deer also. ;)

Couple more suggestion, don't know if these would be possible or too difficult?

1. Suggested name of the comp: Combo Comp.
Kill a Muley, Blackie, and WT buck with firearm, pistol, or bow. (You must kill all 3).
The highest total score of the 3,...wins. (you don't have to hit the deer in any
specific area,..just kill them). ;)

2. Him "N" Her Comp:
Highest scoring Bull and heaviest cow with whatever weapon.
Or Muley buck and doe, WT buck and doe, or Blackie Buck and doe. ;)
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Post by ColoradoKid »

naoutdoors wrote:More weapon specific competitions... Would like to see a Bull Elk comp with the bow, heart and/or lung shot to qualify. ;)
+1
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

I was pleased to note that one of the "mass kill" tourneys ("Wild things") was changed - I never liked them, because a normal player can never compete here with some lunatic power gamers who obviously need no sleep... :lol: I even think the mass harvest of turkeys is still a little weird... But why not trying this tourney type for the coyotes -- on Loggers Point? They are both rather rare and very spooky here; so I guess it takes really some dedication to get more than a couple of them within a limited time. ;) And this would even resemble the most real background - getting rid of these critters in the context of a wildlife culling/management project would not be so unusual IRL!

An other idea I have is to re-consider the objectives of those tourneys which are aimed at challenging the skills, but actually eventually still more or less end up in sheer luck, like the blacktail "Heart Seaker" tourney. A scopeless shot at over 200 (or lately 150) ft on such a small target like the heart of a BT buck cannot be achieved by careful aiming. The wobbling of the gun and the tiny size of the target make this shot just a roll of the dice, no matter how you try it. This is a pity. The respective elk bull heart shooter tourney is better - it shows that it is still a challenge to hit this organ, even without a distance or equipment restriction. Not to forget: the blacktail is smaller and more spooky than the elk! So I would either remove the restriction of a scopeless shot, or set a higher minimal distance (e.g. 350 ft) and allow the scope.

Furthermore, I am thinking about short-term, time-limited tourneys, but I'm not sure whether this could be programmed. Short-term tourneys would give players with a smaller time budget a 100% equal change compared to the 24/7 power players. The objective would be something like: "Rush 'n Roll: Shoot three mule deer within a non-interrupted time frame of 2 hours or less. Their added weight is the tourney entry. The timer starts once you harvest the first mule deer after having enrolled for the competition. Note: You have only once chance! If you fail to kill three mule deer within the alotted time, you have no entry, and the tourney - sorry - is over for you this time. If you shoot more then three animals within the time frame, only the first three count."

And how about a combined weight/score competition? "Double-Monster: Harvest the best possible whitetail buck. Score and weight are added to a final value which is your entry. The player with the highest value wins."

And this one: "Closest Twins: Shoot two male deer of the same species subsequently which have the most similar rack score. The two bucks must be killed and harvested directly one after the other, without any other animal killed/harvested inbetween. The player with the smallest difference between the two scores wins. In case of a tie, the bigger racks pair wins. You can try to improve your value as long as the tourney runs. Your best (=smallest) value will be your final competition entry. "
Lion Martinez
Outfitter

Post by Lion Martinez »

Some good suggestions, keep em coming. At this time we cannot have a competition with more than one animal type unfortunately, same goes for the "two closest rack"-variant.

Some more bursty comps would work however.
Mrlex13
Master Competitor

Post by Mrlex13 »

nice idea MonacoSteve :ugeek:

Return to “Mission & Competition Suggestions”