Callers for Waterfowl

Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Callers for Waterfowl

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Why is there no long-range caller for Gadwall? Mallard has long and short-range callers. Snow geese have long and short. Magpies have long and short. Canadian Geese have long and short. Pintail has Long but no short. And it's very strange that Gadwall have only short-range callers but no long. Why? It seems like they missed these. Do you know how hard it is to get Gadwalls to break with ONLY a short-range caller? All Gadwall decoys are down (24) and when I do use the short-range Gad caller after the flock breaks, they seem to be frightened by the call...they simply flee. Just by using the Gaddy short-range caller. There are really some strange things in this game.
fantamichele
Outfitter

Re: Callers for Waterfowl

Post by fantamichele »

The long-range recall for Gadwall is the same as the long-range recall for mallard
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

fantamichele wrote:The long-range recall for Gadwall is the same as the long-range recall for mallard
Thank you. I assume that it attracts all three of those species equally. But what about the lack of the Pintail short? Or is that another "one size fits all" thing? And when the description says that the caller is "stackable with decoys in the area", what is the range for that area? Thanks
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

On technical issues you should consult HooCairs, I believe that in the wiki he put these indications
The only thing I know is that with 200 decoy the ducks land quite frequently :D
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

fantamichele wrote:On technical issues you should consult HooCairs, I believe that in the wiki he put these indications
The only thing I know is that with 200 decoy the ducks land quite frequently :D
Ok thanks again.

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”