Coyote Electronic caller

triscuit

Coyote Electronic caller

Post by triscuit »

Not sure why this hasn't been suggested but why does the electronic caller not work for coyotes? That's pretty basic coyote hunting equipment these days I feel.
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Re: Coyote Electronic caller

Post by hunterPRO1 »

why does there have to be a separate one ? just add coyotes to the bobcat sounds byte. add red fox to it while you're at it. just call it the rabbit squeal instead of bobcat call, and add the appropriate species.
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
ZTrophyBuckZ
Spotter

Post by ZTrophyBuckZ »

Yeah, I think that the electronic caller needs coyote and fox. But I do agree with hunterPRO1 that the port could be shared with the bobcat port.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

In the northwestern part of North America the primary use for an electronic caller is to attract and cull the exploding coyote populations. I could link at least twenty different videos of coyote culls, and in every one of them an electronic caller is used.

I realize the manual caller is blindly foolproof for coyotes in this game (which is pretty ridiculous in itself), but nevertheless, even adding another tab to the electronic caller wheel to generate more revenue would be absolutely fine with most players. Whatever it takes to get this done EW, please do, because it truly is an oversight that this varmint can't be attracted with this caller. This is a no-brainer in my opinion.
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

I've also been wondering why the electronic caller doesn't attract for coyotes. I agree. it doesn't make much sense that the rabbit squeal sound the electronic bobcat call makes doesn't also attract other predators. I've accepted that it's easy enough to bring coyotes in with the jackrabbit caller.

I've had an account on these forums for a long time but I haven't participated much. I just started to. Do suggestions made here get attention from the devs?
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Since coyotes and fox are so easy to attract and hunt I don't see why they would need the e-caller. It makes sense for cats because they are illusive and difficult to attract otherwise. Is it because the wolf has the e-caller that some of you may feel the dogs need them? Personally I never use the e-caller on the wolf because it too is easy to attract with it's respective caller and therefore I don't see why it is included in the e-caller?
EthanRanft
Tracker

Post by EthanRanft »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:because it too is easy to attract with it's respective caller and therefore I don't see why it is included in the e-caller?
I think I disagree, the Elk Calf Caller doesn’t work 100% for me, whereas the E-Caller does. Along with the added advantage of placing the caller where you want them to stop
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

EthanRanft wrote:
InvisibleFlame9 wrote:because it too is easy to attract with it's respective caller and therefore I don't see why it is included in the e-caller?
I think I disagree, the Elk Calf Caller doesn’t work 100% for me, whereas the E-Caller does. Along with the added advantage of placing the caller where you want them to stop
It depends how you're hunting, what camo you're wearing, and a few other things. If you're laying on the ground waiting for them and use the caller where you're laying that's not going to be very successful because all animals in the game come to almost the exact spot the call was made from, if you don't call at the spot you want them in position to shoot at and then move, you call from where you're kneeling or laying, they're going to come right to you = they'll see you possibly before you're ready to shoot and run away.

Wearing the right camo for the environment and being in a tree stand that's a decent height above the ground the manual callers for coyote and wolves work like a charm if the animals are within the caller's effective range. They'll come right to you, directly under you (might have to wait for them to move out from under you to get a shot), within a few minutes of making the call.

If they're not under you in a tree stand within 10 game minutes they weren't within range of the caller. Call again.

Of course use the e-caller if that's what you prefer. Someone shared this info with me and it helped significantly, I'm sharing it forward.
EthanRanft
Tracker

Post by EthanRanft »

Jackrabbit caller works 100% (for all intents and purposes) of the time for coyote. But not so with the Elk Calf caller on Wolves. It’s more like 80%, maybe less. Maybe they get distracted chasing Elk, I don’t know. But the E-Caller is pretty much 100%, at least in my experience.

An animal’s response to a caller has nothing to do with your camo, or if you’re in a treestand

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”