Bear Caller

Nedbella
Spotter

Bear Caller

Post by Nedbella »

I would love a bear caller. It's so handy in COTW. I'm sure it would be a welcome addition to Classic. :D

Eat Healthy, Don't Smoke, Go to The Gym.......DIE ANYWAY!! :lol:
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Bear Caller

Post by DYEUZ »

Since we have the baiting system for them already , i think it would be too much . I like it just the way it is .
How easy do we want this game to be hey ! ;)

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Dillakiller870
Spotter

Post by Dillakiller870 »

bears have been around too long on here to make a new caller for them.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

I vote for Blood scent. It would attract even hogs. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I'd like a caller. I would never hunt over bait. Not legal where I live anyway. There's a reason for that.

The best bear caller is a fawn in distress. I hate it that bears and coyotes eat new born fawns and calves. Damn cowards. I have zero problem killing both of them.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

The idea of a bear caller gets a thumbs down for me. How dull this game would be if all animals could be called in. The difference between Hunter Classic and Call of the Wild is call of the wild is a silly game for gamers. Classic is based more on realism and that's what makes it good.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:The idea of a bear caller gets a thumbs down for me. How dull this game would be if all animals could be called in. The difference between Hunter Classic and Call of the Wild is call of the wild is a silly game for gamers. Classic is based more on realism and that's what makes it good.
Not a bear hunter huh? There's two ways to hunt for bear. Bait which is not hunting but killing. Also, it's illegal in a lot of states. (like mine) The other way is calling. A very popular way to hunt for bear. Calling is as realistic as it gets.

Actually, there 3 ways. I do the 3rd way but few do. I scout all the time and know where all the natural foods are. I hope to catch one in one of those areas by sneaking up on them. Most guys won't be successful doing it but it's rewarding when it works.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I took a look. Utah allows bear baiting for archery hunting only. !0 other states allows bear baiting. So, only 11 out of 50 states allows bear baiting. It's not a popular method to hunt. With some in game and the majority of real hunters. Of course the general public hate it.

Why Classic chose to offer baiting bears for such an unpopular method to hunt baffles me. I've never had it explained to me what part of baiting bears is hunting. Anybody who can shoot a gun and has never hunted in their life can kill a bear that way. It's just a shooting galley.

Hell, I don't even like calling. It just tricks the animal. I never do it is real hunting or my personal hunting in Classic. I'll only do it in competitions and it bothers me. I probably stop doing it then too.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

OldMtnMan wrote:
InvisibleFlame9 wrote:The idea of a bear caller gets a thumbs down for me. How dull this game would be if all animals could be called in. The difference between Hunter Classic and Call of the Wild is call of the wild is a silly game for gamers. Classic is based more on realism and that's what makes it good.
Not a bear hunter huh? There's two ways to hunt for bear. Bait which is not hunting but killing. Also, it's illegal in a lot of states. (like mine) The other way is calling. A very popular way to hunt for bear. Calling is as realistic as it gets.

Actually, there 3 ways. I do the 3rd way but few do. I scout all the time and know where all the natural foods are. I hope to catch one in one of those areas by sneaking up on them. Most guys won't be successful doing it but it's rewarding when it works.
Yeah, but you probably use guns or bows, don't you?

Regardless of the animal (deer, elk, bear, etc.), around here we either run them down and tackle them, or drop out of trees and choke them out. Then we gut them (with our teeth and bare hands of course), and drag them back to camp for the women folk to butcher with chipped flint knives.

That's real hunting, any other way it just killing !!!
Personal Bests...
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

I always thought that Elk Calf Caller should also have some effect on Grizzlies, but then again, I always tell people when you're hunting on Timbergold you are the bait.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”