Bear Caller

CaplockHunter
Tracker

Re: Bear Caller

Post by CaplockHunter »

Keep in mind that calling bears is dangerous. In baiting the bears are coming in for food in a barrel. A barrel that you're not near. There's no danger to the hunter.

When calling you are the food. The caller is a wounded, dying animal and the bear is coming in to eat you. It gets pretty mad when it doesn't find that meal. Big boars are the ones usually coming to a call in real life. Having 7 bears coming in at once to eat you should be exciting. Good luck if you use a muzzleloader.
Last edited by CaplockHunter on November 12th, 2021, 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

OldMtnMan wrote:I'd like a caller. I would never hunt over bait. Not legal where I live anyway. There's a reason for that.

The best bear caller is a fawn in distress. I hate it that bears and coyotes eat new born fawns and calves. Damn cowards. I have zero problem killing both of them.
No need caller for bears, but I would remove the bait too, it is good just for rats.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

CaplockHunter wrote:Keep in mind that calling bears is dangerous. In baiting the bears are coming in for food in a barrel. A barrel that you're not near. There's no danger to the hunter.

When calling you are the food. The caller is a wounded, dying animal and the bear is coming in to eat you. It gets pretty mad when it doesn't find that meal. Big bores are the ones usually coming to a call in real life. Having 7 bears coming in at once to eat you should be exciting. Good luck if you use a muzzleloader.
Dont worry , In Game, 7 bears at once would be no problem at all with the Caplock. The most likely result would be .... 1 dead bear and 6 bears fleeing into the sunset.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

True, or one dead hunter and 7 bears having lunch.
Pete

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

CaplockHunter wrote:True, or one dead hunter and 7 bears having lunch.
I am against bear caller, but It all depends whether you are on the ground or on a tree stand and similar, for instance.
CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

1Al wrote:
CaplockHunter wrote:True, or one dead hunter and 7 bears having lunch.
I am against bear caller, but It all depends whether you are on the ground or on a tree stand and similar, for instance.
I've never been a fan of baiting but living in a state that it's illegal says a lot. Why is it illegal?

I've always hunted into the animal. I've never tricked it to come to me. However, everybody is free to hunt as they please. When I said a bear caller would be good. It wouldn't affect me. I still wouldn't use it. I was thinking of others who enjoy calling and don't want to use bait.

Anyway, I don't think it matters. I doubt they'll ever offer a bear caller. They have baiting. This is a business and bait needs to be replaced. A caller doesn't. I don't blame them for choosing bait to sell.
Pete

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”