Stalker decoys?

louismarez925

Stalker decoys?

Post by louismarez925 »

After being able to sneak up from 800 yards to 120 yards of my 2018 Pronghorn antelope with the aid of a decoy( i was using a painted piece of cardboard as a sort of shield to trick my prey into thinking i was a rival buck), I got my biggest pronghorn buck to date with a 50 cap lock muzzleloader
This got me thinking because what if they implemented this into thehunter? using decoys to stalk to within 25 yards of an animal by using a decoy of the same species?
Image The decoy could be used in a equipment slot and used to creep closer to any animal they make a decoy for, this is an incredibly effective tactic for deer, elk, moose, and pronghorn especially (i personally think Pronghorn should be added into thehunter along with a suitable map)
Image the decoy would really add an interesting experience to any bow hunter
Image the decoy wouldnt have an attraction factor (except if Pronghorn were added to the game) it would just act as a sort of camo that allows you to quickly sneak up to your quarry without going into the prone position.
Image Let me know what you think!
ImageImage
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Stalker decoys?

Post by DYEUZ »

Don't see a real necessity for that .
We have urine scent , callers, all kinds of useful equipment to our aid. They come pretty close already imo .
Beside, i would need to make up space in my backpack for it ?
For these reasons , i pass .
Nice Elk bull .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

this is an excellent way to get shot
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

I don't see the reason, most species have a call already.

Only species i would see this being useful for is sambar
Nathan22Outdoors
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Aside from the fact that we already have attractants for most species in the game, I honestly don't think they're necessary. It's pretty easy to crouch/crawl up to most animals in the game without any aid. Add camo and scent killer and you're practically invisible to animals if you move slow enough. At least, that's how it has always felt in my experience.
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

LOL
No friggin way!

In antelope country I once saw a cow with "COW" spray painted in International Orange on its flanks...

There is a reason one does NOT *try* to look like game where IDIOTS hunt.

NO
Friggin'
Way
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

I can see where this is going ...

Would totally buy one.
BearJohnson
Hunter

Post by BearJohnson »

caledonianblues wrote:I can see where this is going ...
"Don't bend over..."

I am actually shedding tears laughing!

OMG!

You ROCK!
I may be a noob... but I still have fun!
Trigger time = FUN!

VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Ok that was the most funny thing i have seen this week an possibly in the whole month, the irony is that one is supposed go and look for male deers... just careful to not bend over, or you may find one in the wrong way :D

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

I can see potential in something like this. Although, the camouflage system right now seems to make stuff like this seem worthless (which it isn't entirely true).

I think what needs to be done is make a situation where this type of item can work. Someplace that the stalker decoy can be used as a separate item with a separate function. What I think the stalker decoy can do is prevent the animal from spooking away, provided that the item is at a suitable angle.

Let's take that turkey one for example. Turkeys move around both in the game and in real life. And with that being said, any hunter could choose any method when hunting turkey:
[1] The hunter(s) can wait out the turkeys at a certain location.
[2] The hunter roams around the available hunting space, hoping to find any sign of a gobbling tom (or a hen), then either sneaking up on it or luring it to a temporary spot.
[3] The hunter is not an actual hunter and goes to the grocery store.

Now, if you couldn't tell, that last one was obviously a joke. But there is one little problem with No. 2 while in theHunter: Classic: you can't actually sneak up on a turkey without it spooking away. The turkey's vision is just too good, even when the hunter is prone. With the stalker decoy, the possibility of being able to stalk hunt turkeys could be as well a ripening feature.

Plus, if the game is going to have something like a pronghorn antelope, the process to take one down must make the hunt doable. And those stalker decoys could make the hunt possible.

But that is just my take on the matter. You can still think that this will make hunts too easy, but at least take a moment to think about what I just said. [(this sentence was removed, due to a "contradiction")
-deerman30]
Last edited by deerman30 on November 8th, 2018, 1:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

I Love Big Racks

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”