Electronic caller or the hell in a caller

vsaet
Hunter

Electronic caller or the hell in a caller

Post by vsaet »

The more difficult to use and the caller that makes our hunt of bobcat and Lynx a hell
First is to use only on a stand or a tower because we have to mount it and dismount like a tent or a ground blind and....we can forget it when we move to another place using camping supplies and there is the big problem. We have to go back and take it. What a time lost.
Why they can make it portable like that we have not to make all that annoying and difficult things.
My opinion certainly!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Electronic caller or the hell in a caller

Post by HooCairs »

The e-caller is no different to the predator decoys. You can place it and then move in a distance and observe. I agree, if you use it with a stand and you want to be mobile with everything then yes, you have some work to do every time, although not really much. I see it as a benefit to not having the e-caller portable, because then the cats would come right to the stand. If you don't know the direction they come from, you would be spinning around all the time trying to observe the entire environment. With the e-caller set up 20-30m in front of you, it is much easier to see the cats come in.

If you want a portable solution you can use the caller, but that only works up to 100m.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

It would be not easier to permit the use of the predator caller for cats to and give the opportunity to every one to choose what caller is better for him ?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The predator caller works, but only up to 100m. This is a company with the goal to make money, not with the goal to satisfy you and me, even if they tell you so. ;)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

vsaet wrote:The more difficult to use and the caller that makes our hunt of bobcat and Lynx a hell
First is to use only on a stand or a tower because we have to mount it and dismount like a tent or a ground blind and....we can forget it when we move to another place using camping supplies and there is the big problem. We have to go back and take it. What a time lost.
Why they can make it portable like that we have not to make all that annoying and difficult things.
My opinion certainly!
Maybe they could put a caller in the HM, that way you wouldn't lose it,...
but then again I wouldn't want a wild cat come into a call that was attached to me................. :lol:
Ever since the Electronic Caller for Bobcat came out we had suggested of maybe having them come in a Florescent Orange Camo color to spot it better because it was so easy
to loose in the foliage (weeds), but I guess they didn't listen to us as it seems we are the only ones in the fields hunting with them and know the drawbacks of some of the
equipment and it hasn't changed...... ;)
This is the post when the Electronic Bobcat caller came out:
https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... +in+orange

This is a little off subject but it would be great to see some more USB attachment calls for the E.C., although IRL a good E.C. comes with up to 100 or more pre-programmed different animal calls and cost around $400 U.S. dollars. IMO I think extra USB calls for Coyotes, Foxes, & Wolves that would lure them in a few meters from your set-up and would be ideal without using hand held callers and giving away your presence to the predators, or even prey animals would really come in handy for the game.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

I carry mine all the time now for Lynx, just have one permanent. Why? because the range to place one from other call it's 400mts a little odd! and not very useful because you move 300mts from your caller and VOILA!!! they start to Meow and call on that spot and Surprise you carry another BUT cannot place it for the 400mts range limitation, so you think OK, LET'S use the predator caller in conjunction with urine spray and you think that will work, but here's again the odd, something where changed (I think) and predator caller for me not work anymore to call Lynx, same thing with the Lynx urine.

When the Lynx and Urine scent where launched all 3 things works marvelous, they come direct to where you spray or the predator caller, NOW THEY COMPLETE IGNORE BOTH!! Yesterday I spend 2 hours calling 2 kitties NONE of them arrive, I heard the meow, the growl the electronic caller was on and NADA, then i turn off and move closer where they call and found trax (some 160-190mts) from the Electronic caller, I move to flank against the wind I heard one meow to my right other in front, so I end against the wind to the one that call in front I spray scent and call on that same spot I spray scent, I move back 70-80mts (crawling) and star to use the predator caller, after 1 hour she never arrive, manage to shot the one to my right when I start to move to his position and was going to use the same tactic scent and call.

The electronic caller works great, but not any more the predator caller and none of the ones I hunt since Lynx was launched arrive to the scent spot ( and yes I use it with wind in favor Lynx and against me).

The caller range limit I think should be reduced to 250-300mts, other wise it's a waste of money using it if you ALWAYS will have a 200mts blind spot that Murphy rules, that's where the cats spawn/roaming.
dj.p.king
Scout

Post by dj.p.king »

gas56 wrote:This is a little off subject but it would be great to see some more USB attachment calls for the E.C., although IRL a good E.C. comes with up to 100 or more pre-programmed different animal calls and cost around $400 U.S. dollars. IMO I think extra USB calls for Coyotes, Foxes, & Wolves that would lure them in a few meters from your set-up and would be ideal without using hand held callers and giving away your presence to the predators, or even prey animals would really come in handy for the game.
I too was thinking of other uses for the EC after watching a yote hunt on YT, EW please bring other usb callers in for use ;) .
Season 26

1 Range record Season 23 - Dall 583.110 m, 1 Range record Season 25 - Dall 601.410 m
PB range, Xbow 230.230, Bow 471.180, Rifle 601.410
Game play 2700+ hours/hunter score 19000+ http://www.uhcapps.co.uk/stats.php?username=djpking

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”