White-tailed ptarmigan locator caller

kevin2106
Hunter

White-tailed ptarmigan locator caller

Post by kevin2106 »

I think a caller like we have for both Turkey and pheasants would fit well for the ptarmigans in Timbergold. A lot of players complain about them and how hard they are to find, and the dense vegetation on the Timbergold mountain doesn't really help. So i thought it would be more attractive to hunt if we could locate them easier :)

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: White-tailed ptarmigan locator caller

Post by TreeKiwi »

Good idea!! Do they have them in real life? I don't know the first thing about the Chicken parmigiana
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Not sure really, but the developers have said this game isn't a simulator, so an item that isn't real can be implemented anyway i guess?

Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

kevin2106 wrote:Not sure really, but the developers have said this game isn't a simulator, so an item that isn't real can be implemented anyway i guess?
Well, not really. It's one thing to exclude certain "realistic" features in the name of making gameplay more fun, but it's quite another to invent methods that don't exist. I'm not sure that there's really a need for one though, as they're ALWAYS making noise in-game. If they're flying, their wings are very loud, and any time they're not flying, they make calls. Some of those calls show on the HM, but even the ones that don't are loud enough to locate the birds. If you're not playing with headphones already, I highly recommend it, especially up there in the mountains of TgT, because both ptarmigans and bighorn sheep can be located easily by sound.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Hawkeye wrote:
kevin2106 wrote:Not sure really, but the developers have said this game isn't a simulator, so an item that isn't real can be implemented anyway i guess?
Well, not really. It's one thing to exclude certain "realistic" features in the name of making gameplay more fun, but it's quite another to invent methods that don't exist. I'm not sure that there's really a need for one though, as they're ALWAYS making noise in-game. If they're flying, their wings are very loud, and any time they're not flying, they make calls. Some of those calls show on the HM, but even the ones that don't are loud enough to locate the birds. If you're not playing with headphones already, I highly recommend it, especially up there in the mountains of TgT, because both ptarmigans and bighorn sheep can be located easily by sound.

I've hunted loads of WTP, and i gotta disagree a bit on how much they call and easily can be located. Yes they make a LOT of noise, but as the birds are bugged they come back to one place, and that place they go to might be so far out you won't hear them when they are there, and maybe to far out to locate from the sound. And when they fly around that means they are away from the spot they go to, and u can't know where to go from that sound. And would say they rarely call really, i think they should call almost as soon as u enter the render distance like other animals do. I have experimented on this and on average it takes about 10-20 mins before a flock in render makes sounds that can be picked up with the Huntermate.

baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

The game's slogan is: "The most realistic hunting simulator"
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

How about Bird seed as bait for ptarmigans, like a bear feeder with a penalty..... ok it would be bad for ptarmigans but with a treestand at 50m and the airgun or bow what a HS feast we could have and knock all the frustration an the head....

I imagine tis idea of Bird seed as a bait will find noooo traction by Devs but oooohhhhh Ptarmigan Hunting Heaven !!!! :lol:
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”