Calls too perfect?

JD3006

Calls too perfect?

Post by JD3006 »

I would like to see the calls fail sometimes.. there a little too perfect.

say you are out of breath but then perform a perfect elk call !?! or even calling while walking... there should be some random miss calls that spook animals to add a bit of tension.
Foxtrotter
Scout

Re: Calls too perfect?

Post by Foxtrotter »

I agree. For that matter running should play a larger part where disadvantages are concerned.
Fog up my lenses on optics from heavier breathing in colder regions.
Far less steady with any weapon
Using calls for sure.

I think a 15 second internal timer to get your breathing under control before effects from running wear off would be a sufficient and acceptable tradeoff.
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

yeah the whole call system needs an overhaul, perfect calls everytime that bring the animal strain to your toes. takes the immersion and tension right out of the game.
Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

Not to mension you never see their broadside until they get bored with you and walk away. Then when you call again they'll turn broadside briefly while turning to come back. Why is this the only way that we have to get a broadside shot? (If they dont spook the first time they're at your feet)

I know there are flanking manuvers and tent fast travels and other cheap tricks to get a flank position on an animal. None of which are ideal for treestand hunting.
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk
FatMountainbear
Hunter

Post by FatMountainbear »

JD3006 wrote:I would like to see the calls fail sometimes.. there a little too perfect.

say you are out of breath but then perform a perfect elk call !?! or even calling while walking... there should be some random miss calls that spook animals to add a bit of tension.
Oh no, that's a bad idea, sorry.
abslayer
Master Competitor

Post by abslayer »

NO NO NO
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

JD3006 wrote:I would like to see the calls fail sometimes.. there a little too perfect.
No thanks, hunt without them sometimes if you want :)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Weird idea . We have already enough ... hmmmm ... bad situations vs. the avatar already imo, so no need to add more .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I don't think the calls should spook the animals. I'd be OK if misused calls just fail to attract anything.
And I'd really like to see the animals come in to just a general range around the call spot, rather than exactly to it.

As it is now, it's super easy to get a broadside when treestand hunting. Get out of the tree, walk 30m perpendicular to the direction of the animal, and call there. Get back in the tree & wait. Perfect broadside almost every time. Not a "cheap trick", just using the caller to the best advantage according to it's design.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

:? I would imagine it would not be good for the balance sheet to try and sell callers that scare the pants off their intended target.... Others are moaning the EC Bobcat is too slow to get the cats in.... hard to please all of the people all of the time..... :roll:
Last edited by Schlachtwolf on September 19th, 2017, 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”