We need deer feeders!!!

waiora
Outfitter

Re: We need deer feeders!!!

Post by waiora »

No thanks, the current feeders are still, and have been broken for 16 months. Plus the last thing the game needs is more ways to farm animals at a faster rate.
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

make it so that you can't shoot when you are less than 400 meters away from it that way you can do driven hunts
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
Foxtrotter
Scout

Post by Foxtrotter »

I highly disagree with the need for feeders. However there is 1 thing I could accept and that would be the use of decoys.
I personally hunt during archery seasons with a rattler, a few calls, a scent dropper and a WT buck decoy.

The issue I have with the ingame mechanics where an animal will hone in on your position 220m away is its absolutely lutacris. Now however, if I was calling and a deer came to poke his nose around and seen or smelt my decoy, voila, he is now standing broadside to me at the distance I wanted... Just as a skilled hunter can manage with a little luck in real life.

Right now to get a broadside shot I have to fast travel from my tower to a tent and climb another tower to or tree to get position and flank the deer... Cuz that happens irl!
Returning Soon!
THE IRONMAN SEASONAL SERIES COMPETITIONS

Brought to you by Foxtrotter and http://www.UHCapps.co.uk
FatMountainbear
Hunter

Post by FatMountainbear »

Well, i do agree with the "No sayers" for the deer feeder. it's theHunter and not thefeeder. There's no need for the deer feeder, like other said, the deer r easy to lure in and bag.

Peace
willybepop
Hunter

Post by willybepop »

Since we're throwing opinions around, I think it's a suitable idea. I like hunting feeders. It's how i hunt in real life in Florida. As for the comment of, "you want to make the game even easier", I think you need to realize that this game isn't about making the hunting easier, but hunting the way a hunter chooses. No one is forcing you to buy a feeder and there are mechanisms in place for comps that restrict shooting from things like a tower or tree stand. Why can't they implement a way not allow a comp near a feeder? It's easy to shame a person because they don't hunt at what you think a "true" hunter is. Sure I don't kill a deer with my bare hands while wearing a loin cloth, but I do spend my time and MY money the way I want.

So my opinion is let's have a deer feeder. If you don't like it, then don't buy it.
SPRK85
Outfitter

Post by SPRK85 »

Okay, first off... no... no feeders. I know they are used IRL but the game mechanics just will make it very easy to shoot deer. I do think that decoys could be a decent idea, as long as their attractionradius isn't too big. Not anywhere near the rate as that of the Turkeys let's say something like 50m/150ft, and they should be as big and bulky to carry as a weapon.

But the following is my idea: I remember one of those Deerhunter games, where you'd had the option to pre-plan your hunts. And one of those options included the possibility to plant corn ;) It helped a little in the attraction and gave some nice gameplay-mechs.
So, what if there would be something like 'plantable' corn and such. It could be planted like a tower :) Just find a spot and throw it down, wait a couple of real life days and presto! You'd have something that will attract ungulates.

I'd also like to stress these three suggestions:

1). They should have a low attractionradius (as not to make it easy)
2). They need to have a max baitamount of 10-25
3). They should be gm$ buyable (and therefore no need for a em$ feeder)

This would be a very nice item for both beginners as veterans. Especially near all of those towers in WHI
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Post by hunterPRO1 »

ScottyG wrote:The title topic says it all, we have feeders for hogs and we have bait barrels for the bears so why is it we have not seen deer feeders introduced into the game as of yet??? I gurentee you that they would sell like hotcakes too!!! Their much needed.
NO WE DO NOT.

this would turn competitions and leaderboards BOTH into a spawnmashers DREAM.

feeders are for people who want to shoot, not hunt.

lets instead get some basic rutting behaviours (buck chasing does, fighting, scrapes) to give deer hunting some new life.
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

hunterPRO1 wrote:
ScottyG wrote:The title topic says it all, we have feeders for hogs and we have bait barrels for the bears so why is it we have not seen deer feeders introduced into the game as of yet??? I gurentee you that they would sell like hotcakes too!!! Their much needed.
NO WE DO NOT.

this would turn competitions and leaderboards BOTH into a spawnmashers DREAM.

feeders are for people who want to shoot, not hunt.

lets instead get some basic rutting behaviours (buck chasing does, fighting, scrapes) to give deer hunting some new life.
Amen! I know they are used in lots of places, but around here, people who shoot deer over a feeder aren't considered hunters at all. It's not that hard to find deer. We don't need feeders brought in to make it even easier.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

even though that be illegal....
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
lse2003

Deer feeder

Post by lse2003 »

I would like to see a deer feeder for this game one that could attract whitetail, mule deer and black tail deer which could be for the more sit and wait hunter and maybe be able to set times that the feeder would go off which would double the affects it would have on attractiveness but even when the feeder doesn't go off it still can attract deer to roam closer to the area and make an animation of the deer eating under the feeder. The feeders bait could be corn which could be bought using ems and gms. It could also and sometimes attract feral hogs and turkeys.

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”