We need deer feeders!!!

ScottyG
Scout

We need deer feeders!!!

Post by ScottyG »

The title topic says it all, we have feeders for hogs and we have bait barrels for the bears so why is it we have not seen deer feeders introduced into the game as of yet??? I gurentee you that they would sell like hotcakes too!!! Their much needed.
Flanker305
Trophy Hunter

Re: We need deer feeders!!!

Post by Flanker305 »

Use the search function and see how many times this has been suggested.
Personally I don't think it's a good move to implement feeders. The game would become way too easy, cause there would be no need anymore to walk the forests.
Which, btw shows the beauty of the game.
It would kill the comps too, or at least chance them big time.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Flanker305 wrote:Use the search function and see how many times this has been suggested.
Personally I don't think it's a good move to implement feeders. The game would become way too easy, cause there would be no need anymore to walk the forests.
Which, btw shows the beauty of the game.
It would kill the comps too, or at least chance them big time.
Yes, I would agree, Flanker. Some folks tho' have hunted that way from the first time they hunted irl and perhaps even in game. Personally, I would never use bait stations, and salt blocks that some do you use irl. Callers and scents tho', I think I would buy into those firstly. It is only my opinion tho'. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Why? Aren't deer species easy enough? I mean literally, you listen for a call and they come right to you. And you want feeders too? How much easier do you want them? Its one of those things that is much different IRL than it is in the game. BC and Flanker summed it up pretty well. So no, they are not "needed". Needing and wanting are two different things, and deer feeders are without a doubt nowhere near a necessity
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Agree with the guys saying that its not needed at all . First they ( devs ) need to fix the existing barrels and feeders attractiveness before any addition of the genre .
And agree again , that they ( deer ) are pretty easy to attract / kill.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Not needed for me. Not refilling feeders at all, as I am still exploring Timbergold.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

No. I see absolutely no reason why someone would want to hunt deer over a feeder. That's not deer hunting. Maybe hog and bear hunting, but shooting deer over a feeder isn't right.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

In most places it is illegal to hunt deer at a feeder. You must be a minimum distance from it and not be able to see it. You can shoot deer going to or coming away from it, but not at it. So it would be kind of moot the way the game works.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Back here in Quebec, Canada , we, the hunters , bait a spot with either a block of salt , apples , carrots or any goodies and its perfectly legal / ethical for whitetail deer . The same is done for moose .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

No thanks, we don't need feeders for deers, as DYEUZ said, it's already easy to attract them.

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”