Bear Bell

ThePumpkinMan

Bear Bell

Post by ThePumpkinMan »

This may sound silly (given this is a hunting game), but I would like to see a bear bell. Just hear me out, I spent my first four hours at TimberGold Trails and ran into 6 grizzly bears. Now I would simply be walking down the path and I would stumble into a large bear. Long story short, I found a lot of bears that would attack me when I was wearing normal jeans and a Happy Camper Shirt. So if you're not hunting bear or have a tendency of getting mauled, then a bear bell would make sense. It let the bears (and other animals) know that you're there til you make it to your prey, tower, or hunting grounds. When you no longer need the bell, most bear bells in real life come with a magnet to stop the ball inside from ringing. Also, I know that smaller grizzly bears will simply run when they see you, but the larger ones will still ruin your day and hunt.
caliber420
Hunter

Re: Bear Bell

Post by caliber420 »

haha welcome to grizz country! First kill of the map was 17m grizzly with a bow, it didnt even know i was there. Gotta be more aware, bud! If you want bells then everything will hear the bells.
Last edited by Tanngnjostr on October 20th, 2016, 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed unnecessary sarcasm
https://www.instagram.com/stubborn_bowhunter/
“Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person.”
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

just fire your gun off every few hundred meters or sprint to your destination. does the same thing
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

where is your logic
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

This kind of defeats the whole purpose of a hunting game. If you're scaring grizzlies, you're also scaring all the other game as well.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Flinter
Scout

Post by Flinter »

The Hunting Horn should suffice if you really want something to spook nearby animals...
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”