Mineral licks/ Food plots deer species

Acelrin

Mineral licks/ Food plots deer species

Post by Acelrin »

Ive always wanted to see this feature in the hunter, there has to be the capability I mean deer hunter 5 had it. Plus I believe it could be another money maker as well between possibly a tiller, minerals, seeds etc. With a growth time and a life span it could be beneficial to everyone.
ThesaurusRex84
Spotter

Re: Mineral licks/ Food plots deer species

Post by ThesaurusRex84 »

Aren't salt licks for deer, and baiting deer in general, illegal in some states?

It's an interesting suggestion, but I think it would make deer hunting too easy.
willybepop
Hunter

Post by willybepop »

ThesaurusRex84 wrote:Aren't salt licks for deer, and baiting deer in general, illegal in some states?

It's an interesting suggestion, but I think it would make deer hunting too easy.
Legality wise, it seems that as long as one place can do it, TheHunter will allow it. For example, it's illegal in some states to have a bow with a mounted range finder, yet the Parker Python has it.

As for making the deer hunting too easy, it would make it as easy as bear or boar hunting with a barrel.

I think having the food plots / feeder would add an extra layer to the game. Whether a person chooses to hunt with them is up to the individual.
MMorgan9812
Scout

Post by MMorgan9812 »

Been asking for this for years... Need feeders for all deer species!

CalHunter

Post by CalHunter »

In Michigan food plots, sugar beets, carrots , apples, corn as well as others are legal methods to bait deer. However as years have passed the DNR have limited the amount of these you can put out for the deer. I believe the reason was multiple deer eating off the same pile pass along disease much easier than just eating in the wild. Which is why Salt Licks I believe are now illegal in Michigan.

I would like to see this implemented in the game as I favor tree stand and blind hunting rather than stalking. The bear and pigs have bait and everything works out fine. I've been waiting a long time for deer feeders! Please implement!
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

Everything hasn't worked out fine with bear and pig, though. Bear and pig are now essentially "pay to win" as far as competitions are concerned. Those who don't have feeders (or like me, own several but find them very boring) are at a huge disadvantage. It turns the game into a drull load>run>spot>quit>load>run>spot>quit>load>run>spot>shoot session rather than a hunting session.
homk
MMorgan9812
Scout

Post by MMorgan9812 »

Thats the deal DonderDeer we dont do competitions we just want to sit back and relax.... Thats why we need them, Real Hunting is done mostly by sitting in stand and waiting for something to come... Also most times in certain states baits are used.

Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

Why not introduce bait for all species? All of the competitions would be equal for anyone with the right bait and for anyone who didn't want to use bait, well they can just stay out of the competitions. Personally I stalk animals in this game, I don't use bait so I never join competitions for my favorite animal to hunt, hogs and bears. At least with every animal being baited I will have a reason not to even bother looking at competitions.
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

Exanimis wrote:Why not introduce bait for all species? All of the competitions would be equal for anyone with the right bait and for anyone who didn't want to use bait, well they can just stay out of the competitions.
In a game where luck and skill have a lot of weight, pay to win = bad. Pay to enhance experience = good.
homk
Exanimis
Hunter

Post by Exanimis »

luck and skill has little to do when you are shooting fish in a barrel, I mean hogs and bears at a barrel. The comps for bear and hogs are for whoever has the most money to spend on bait. Anyone who chooses not to use bait is wasting their time entering hog or bear comps. I am simply suggesting that they make all comps equal by eliminating anyone who doesn't want to spend the max on bait just like they have already done in the bear and hog comps.

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”