Ibex caller

AnnieBuckshot
Tracker

Ibex caller

Post by AnnieBuckshot »

Would be nice with an ibex caller, something similar to the reindeer rattler.
This way we can get those annoying ones away from places where we won't be able to claim our kills ;-)
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Ibex caller

Post by Fletchette »

Just kick some rocks down the hill and they will come.......
Personal Bests...
AnnieBuckshot
Tracker

Post by AnnieBuckshot »

lol well yeah, not able to, only sound close to it is tumbling down the cliffs.. :roll:
Lem
Scout

Post by Lem »

AnnieBuckshot wrote:Would be nice with an ibex caller, something similar to the reindeer rattler.
This way we can get those annoying ones away from places where we won't be able to claim our kills ;-)

I think thats the point. Its what makes them different to other animals to hunt. Dont change a thing.
there skittish with great eye sight and don't respond to calls. you need to use different methods and tactics to hunt them. Long shots and surrounding awareness is key.

If only most other species weren't all just "hear a call and call back" to hunt them we would have a diverse set of species in game.

from fox to moose its the same deal. I like it when animals have there own traits and required tactics. irl stalking fox and waiting for audible calls is ridiculous. There a call/motion decoy, ambush prey through and trough
AnnieBuckshot
Tracker

Post by AnnieBuckshot »

I understand what you mean Lem, and most of the time it ain't a problem. The times I would like to have that caller is when I look at a nice male for 30 minutes, knowing that if I take the shot I won't be able to claim my kill, because he will get stuck on the way down, and for some reason he refuses to move from his location.. (unless spooked and then runs off to never be seen again)
M0UNTAINMAN
Scout

Post by M0UNTAINMAN »

AnnieBuckshot wrote:I understand what you mean Lem, and most of the time it ain't a problem. The times I would like to have that caller is when I look at a nice male for 30 minutes, knowing that if I take the shot I won't be able to claim my kill, because he will get stuck on the way down, and for some reason he refuses to move from his location.. (unless spooked and then runs off to never be seen again)
That's part of mountain hunting, having the patience to wait for the right shot so you can recover it. IRL, you're sometimes stalking and waiting for hours, even days, for the perfect shot. It's definitely a different and more challenging play-style, but I would be disappointed if they included a caller for an animal that doesn't respond to calls just because it presents a challenge.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

I'm begging for a Spotting Scope, it helps you a lot also just for Huntermate to confirm spot, I use the 12x scope to spot, sometimes just mount it on the .223 since is light than other rifles.

That's why now I'm only using 7mm bullbup rifle with 12x scope on Ibex hunt and as secondary the cbow, sometimes i carry the Blaser R8 since his scope has wider field of view than Ans. 3-9x scope.

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”