Calling animals such As Whitetail,Mulie, ect....

jbrwer

Calling animals such As Whitetail,Mulie, ect....

Post by jbrwer »

I Feel the the Calling of the animals needs to be reworked. Everything is great except its like pulling them in on a string, you hardly ever get a good broadside shot for the fact that they always come straight to your tree/blind and stand or hang out or even run away i think the radius to which they respond should be widened out a bit maybe to 40-50 yards to give players the immersion of waiting for that clean broadside shot instead of a quartering to or a frontal shot make them some times even pass just outside of bow range. I am an Avid Bowhunter in Real life and When you call to a buck and hes responding they always dont march straight to your tree. Give the player the chance to wait for that nice Broadside shot, I think this will help with the Immersion of the game. Just my opinion i love this game and thats is really the only thing that kinda bugs me, i know its seems petty but i think it brings a bit more realism into the game instead of pulling them straight to your exact location. OK im done Happy Hunting!!!
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Re: Calling animals such As Whitetail,Mulie, ect....

Post by Fletchette »

I almost never call them from my stand. I call them from 20-30 meters away from the stand, sometimes I also spray scent. Then they stop 20-30 meters away and will usually offer you a good shot.
Personal Bests...
Nuddle
Spotter

Post by Nuddle »

Yea the trick is calling from one location, and then moving to another location which is ideal for spotting/seeing/shooting at the call location.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

While calling from a different spot is a workaround, it would be much more realistic to attract animals to an 'area' rather than a specific location.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
jbrwer

Post by jbrwer »

Agreed if your shooting for realism area should be how its done as an avid bowhunter i will say i never have to call then move its just takes the immersion out of it, i mean make the area 60m so that way if you bowhunting theres a chamce you might not get a shot all do to being out of range
marcomies
Tracker

Post by marcomies »

There should definitely be a fair margin of error when animals come to a caller, now they just seem to perfectly triangulate you exact position march right there, it feels very gamey.
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

Make sound callers attract animals to a general area +/- accuracy. You still have scents to lure animals to a particular spot if you feel like using the remote control. That would be also an incentive for people buying more scents.
killertut
Master Hunter

Post by killertut »

Luziano wrote:Make sound callers attract animals to a general area +/- accuracy. You still have scents to lure animals to a particular spot if you feel like using the remote control. That would be also an incentive for people buying more scents.
interesting idea, i kinda like it!

Feedback on my work as a moderator is always welcome!
Lem
Scout

Post by Lem »

totally agree with this. scent and calls should be reworked. if you over call it should spook the animal too. a deer walking to the exact spot of a call they heard from 150m away is dumb. makes calling in animals routine and boring when you know exactly what is going to happen every single time.
RedDog2

Post by RedDog2 »

Yep calling in here, is the same as calling in a pet , they come to you in a straight line .

No animal approaches the call head on for 150 meters. They try to go around and downwind to get a scent of the caller. At least that is my opinion after living and hunting in B.C for Moose, Black-Tail Mule's and Black Bear. And another thing, yes you can hunt Moose with a .270. I used my .270 for everything. I even made my own ammo at home. More dependable accuracy in reloading yourself.

We were allowed, I complete Moose per hunter, 2 Mule Deer, and any Black Bear year round because they kill calves when they get old and have sore teeth.

My brother in law Rob and I used to get calls from the Ranchers about bears and we would go looking for them. Rob even had one tracking him. We loved that.

That's just this man's opinion though.

But age and health issues have sadly taken away my ability to hunt now for over 10 years. I really miss those days in the woods, even if I came back empty handed.

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”