Food Plots

Turkey1887
Scout

Food Plots

Post by Turkey1887 »

they should add the ability so u can plant ur own food plots with a choice of different seed and it will bring deer elk moose and all deer into it like in real life
Nuddle
Spotter

Re: Food Plots

Post by Nuddle »

Agreed that being able to manipulate more with the environment would be awesome..
A food plot is just too much of a hassle for devs to implement, for something that basically does the same as the feeders.
Turkey1887
Scout

Post by Turkey1887 »

Nuddle wrote:Agreed that being able to manipulate more with the environment would be awesome..
A food plot is just too much of a hassle for devs to implement, for something that basically does the same as the feeders.
yeah k atleast they put feeders in for deer to lure them in a area
ehr_Gerand

Post by ehr_Gerand »

Nuddle wrote:Agreed that being able to manipulate more with the environment would be awesome..
I think his idea was the same as a feeder, but a wider range of animals. If I planted a field of clover in Whitehart Island I'd expect to see a slight increase in elk, whitetail, and blacktail deer there. Probably not as big of an increase as a feeder, but a wider range of animals. You could even have different types of plants with different attraction levels for varies animals. Off the top of my head, corn could be really good for whitetail, mule deer and geese, soy beans really good for pigs, blackberries for bears.
Nuddle
Spotter

Post by Nuddle »

ehr_Gerand wrote: I think his idea was the same as a feeder, but a wider range of animals. If I planted a field of clover in Whitehart Island I'd expect to see a slight increase in elk, whitetail, and blacktail deer there. Probably not as big of an increase as a feeder, but a wider range of animals. You could even have different types of plants with different attraction levels for varies animals. Off the top of my head, corn could be really good for whitetail, mule deer and geese, soy beans really good for pigs, blackberries for bears.
I understood what he meant, and while i agree with you on all those things, i would love to be able to plant my own fields for the animals, (as i do IRL). I was simply trying to take a developers perspective on it and give some feedback, and as said before. Its just to much of a hassle to make environment we can manipulate that much with, for something that is "ALMOST" the same as the feeders, i think they would focus on more new stuff, stuff that sells you know..
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

I'd rather the game stay as random as possible to be honest. Yeah, there's no guarantee that a feeder has that "magic" trophy winner... but it sure does increase the chance you'll see one in the 100 animals you see where I'll only get to see maybe 20 in the same amount of time hunting without a feeder.

Pay to win = bad.
homk
EclipseStar
Hunter

Post by EclipseStar »

I like the idea, maybe some kind of feeder where you could put in different seeds or bait for different animals.

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”