Predator call for bears?

BlindTyldak
Outfitter

Re: Predator call for bears

Post by BlindTyldak »

TundraPuppy wrote:
Serious question: As a whole, do people with hog callers (buy once, always good) not use hog feeders or hog spray (replenishes)?
I use both a feeder (currently set for wild boar) and callers. The feeder is great for going and seeing if there is a nice boar there, but if I am out in the field and hear a pig squeal and I'm in the market for ham, I'll call them in and check them out. I'd do the same thing for bear - though of course the bear call would be on a distant visual instead of an audio clue - for sure; if we could call in bear, it would in no way stop me from filling my barrels or eventually buying more. I still have plenty of slots available to put more down.
REAPNASTY
Hunter

Re: Predator call for bears?

Post by REAPNASTY »

I can call black bears in with a fawn bawl call. A animal in distress calling out in pain will ring the dinner bell for all predators in the area. I was hunting a area of public land that at the time was a bear sanctuary and I set up on the edge of a cut down with hopes of calling in a fat doe for the freezer. I blew the call for about 30 seconds and within a minute I had a decent black bear come looking for a easy meal. He was not the only bear to come in, during the course of this hunt I had 3 different bears come in and I managed to tag my doe. Predators of all kinds will respond to a call if it means a easy meal. 8-)
pastuh
Scout

Post by pastuh »

Need traps, not callers :E
krm398
Spotter

Post by krm398 »

if I were the company I'd make the predator calls work on bears...it means more cash for them and some guys ,like they said here, will put out barrels anyways, so for us that want a simpler hunting life, calls would make a big difference.
Violator31
Outfitter

Re: Predator call for bears

Post by Violator31 »

BuckBeast wrote:
but i personally, would use baiting in conjunction with calling ;)
Same here. Just like I do with the hog call & feeder.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Mashuu
Hunter

Post by Mashuu »

A google search has found that there are real bear calls. I see a "fawn distress" call, and a mating type call.

It would be a neat mechanic. When they approach the call, they are more aggressive maybe, and are more prone to attack?

But really...i doubt they will. They want to nickle and dime and it is ALL about profit over integrity and gameplay
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

As i wrote in other topic (apologies for auto-quoting):

"EW, give us the "Berry" Bear Caller. ASAP! (OK, i'm feeling myself nice, so "Honey" Bear Caller works too!)."
Spoiler:

Return to “Calls & Lure Suggestions”