More Upland Bird and Rabbit

worldhunter1

More Upland Bird and Rabbit

Post by worldhunter1 »

Spruce Grouse, Blue (Dusky/Sooty) Grouse, Ruffed Grouse, Sage Grouse, Gunnison (Sage) Grouse, Sharp-tailed Grouse, Greater and Lesser Prairie Chicken, Hungarian Partridge, Chukar Partridge, Himalayan Snowcock, Bobwhite Quail, Woodcock, and Dove would make for great species and variety to the upland list. It would also give a reason to add an upland bird hunting outfit (as mentioned elsewhere in the equipment suggestions) and give a bigger reason to use pointers. As for rabbit, marsh rabbit would go nicely in Rougarou, and Black-Tailed jackrabbit would be interesting. Just me spewing ideas. Generally I prefer big game but the small game is rather lacking in the game (although better than COTW)
“Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.”
Theodore Roosevelt
HogSqueak
Tracker

Re: More Upland Bird and Rabbit

Post by HogSqueak »

Yes as a guy who loves to hunt small game with a shotgun i agree. It would fill up reserves nicely and add diversity.
joaopaulo500
Spotter

Post by joaopaulo500 »

I agree and would like to see along with the animals proposed, some Quail in hirschfelden as they like corn, Red-Legged Partridge in a mountainous reserve as they like mountains and rugged terrain, some Wood Pigeon in Val-De-Bois as they are present in France and European peninsula in large numbers and it would be easier to implement in the game because the decoy mechanism is already implemented. With time i feel like they will implement some more small game.
worldhunter1

Post by worldhunter1 »

joaopaulo500 wrote:I agree and would like to see along with the animals proposed, some Quail in hirschfelden as they like corn, Red-Legged Partridge in a mountainous reserve as they like mountains and rugged terrain, some Wood Pigeon in Val-De-Bois as they are present in France and European peninsula in large numbers and it would be easier to implement in the game because the decoy mechanism is already implemented. With time i feel like they will implement some more small game.
Hopefully this is the case. I've played for a long time and they've been consistent mostly with content but a small game order of this size is big, especially with a new team and most of the focus shifted onto COTW. Hopefully at least half of these lists get added, and maybe the new camo idea I had.
Theodore Roosevelt
ZTrophyBuckZ
Spotter

Post by ZTrophyBuckZ »

I like this idea. Though a lot of these species would fit better on a new map (i.e. grouse going on a sagebrush prairie-based map)
worldhunter1

Post by worldhunter1 »

ZTrophyBuckZ wrote:I like this idea. Though a lot of these species would fit better on a new map (i.e. grouse going on a sagebrush prairie-based map)
Most definitely. A new reserve would be great for the game and be a test for the new dev team. Pronghorn, jackrabbit, grouse, Mule deer, etc. Pronghorn are another big thing on some people's lists. It'd also give Classic a fresh breath of air
Theodore Roosevelt
ZTrophyBuckZ
Spotter

Post by ZTrophyBuckZ »

worldhunter1 wrote:
ZTrophyBuckZ wrote:I like this idea. Though a lot of these species would fit better on a new map (i.e. grouse going on a sagebrush prairie-based map)
Most definitely. A new reserve would be great for the game and be a test for the new dev team. Pronghorn, jackrabbit, grouse, Mule deer, etc. Pronghorn are another big thing on some people's lists. It'd also give Classic a fresh breath of air
I agree. Pronghorn are a most-needed species for Classic. The new dev team should definitely consider making a sagebrush prairie map.
Lovebug

Post by Lovebug »

Absolutely love the idea of alot new species of upland. Would definitely get me out more with the over under semi auto 12 and my pointer dog

Return to “Animal Suggestions”