A new species for Redfeather Falls

WokenOneZiom

A new species for Redfeather Falls

Post by WokenOneZiom »

Hello fellow hunters!

Many people will definitely says that Redfeather falls is a map that could use a new species. So today I came to you with an idea for something interesting.
On this map we mainly have animals from deer family and black bear. Maybe they appear quite often but could do with some refreshment. In America, there is a species that would fit into this reserve, due to the large proportion of water in this area, and this species needs it to occur.

We are talking about Raccoon, he would give this reserve the option of hunting for something smaller. Raccoons could be as vigilant as foxes or coyotes and herd behavior could be created for them, just like wolves. In the game we have a lure for predatory animals so we would not have to worry about adding another. They would occur in the forests in the eastern part of the map, up to the northern camp. There could be various color variants, in addition to the typical black and white they could also be brown or grey. Interesting mechanics could be hiding in trees, but it can be difficult mechanics to introduce in the game.

Another idea is beavers, which could appear on the same principle as the European rabbit. After a shot at one of them, they would hide in the dam and leave when the threat disappears. They would occur in the western swampy part of the reserve. It would be a difficult hunting species. They would be seen swimming in the water or on the flat land near to the trees, biting them for the construction of a dam.

What do you think about it Is this a good idea? In my opinion, both species are great idea as another addon to the game.
BCKidd

Re: A new species for Redfeather Falls

Post by BCKidd »

Nope. I hope EW never changes anything with RFF- but that is only my opinion. Altho' both the critters mentioned could live there, I don't want to see them there. RFF is the most beloved reserve by many, and it is rare, that anyone would request it to change. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

RFF does not need another animal, definitely need one in the north of TGT, only one small bird and a goat in such a huge area is a blot on the copybook. COUGAR in TGT please !!!!
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

seifthehunt
Spotter

Post by seifthehunt »

A racoon mmmm doesn't seem like a good idea to me i think another species of deer in Hirschfelden would be great

ImageImageImage
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I'd love to see a raccoon, and treeing behavior given to coonhounds. It'd work with RFF but I think also with a new map, I've wished for an Eastern US map for a long time. Ex. raccoon, whitetail deer focus, fox, turkey, black bear! Maybe one day :)
Dubitabilus
Hunter

Post by Dubitabilus »

TheSheWolf wrote:I'd love to see a raccoon, and treeing behavior given to coonhounds. It'd work with RFF but I think also with a new map, I've wished for an Eastern US map for a long time. Ex. raccoon, whitetail deer focus, fox, turkey, black bear! Maybe one day :)
Technically, you just described Settler's Creek.
I always thought it was modeled after the Appalachian foothills but maybe not good enough since the tree choices are not as accurate. :lol:

I'd love to seen a raccoon!
Honestly, any small-game mammal for that matter.
Rabbits and hares are cool, but the .22LR, .17HMR, and Birdshot need more upland game and smaller mammals.

As for another Redfeather falls, maybe a Reindeer "reskin" as the American/Alaskan Caribou?
Makes total sense and could also be added to WRR to fill the gap between Sitka and Bison.
Semper vigilans, Numquam dubitabilis - "Always Vigilant, Never Doubtful"
https://www.boone-crockett.org/minimum- ... n-big-game
Spoiler:

WokenOneZiom

Post by WokenOneZiom »

I was also thinking about Caribou, but I thought that this species is more suited to WTT, while at Redfeather Falls we only have large species so this gap could be filled with the lack of small species on the map. And I'm not talking here about ducks that would also fit there, because we've just got another species of bird. Another map about America would be an too much, as for maps, it could use something as Asia like India or Manchurian areas or European, for example tundra such as in CotW.

In the northern part of the EHR we have a snowy piece of land that could be used as a new area for European species like reindeer, muskox or capercaillie who would be just like turkey. They could also add a new map under hirschfelden with the continuation of what we have on HF but in the summer where there could be fellow deer, hares, partridges or even a raccoon which is an invasive species of Europe.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

RFF is just perfectly fine the way it is imo, if there is need of a new species i think it should go to Settlers, that reserve has nothing appealing, consider it, if you want WT you go RFF or WHI, Black Bear, again RFF, Elk, again RFF, Turkey at the golden treestand in WHI, bobcat, in WHI too, then what is left...rabbits, maybe if you dont like Loggers. Settlers could use a new specie to give some unique appeal to that reserve, but RFF is too well balanced right now, no need for changes in what probably is a top3 of the best reserves in Classic.

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

My favorite thing about RFF is that there are no small game species or birds. I'd rather keep it that way.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Dubitabilus wrote: Technically, you just described Settler's Creek.
I always thought it was modeled after the Appalachian foothills but maybe not good enough since the tree choices are not as accurate. :lol:
It's definitely close!! But it's got elk, which we definitely don't get in the east :lol:

Return to “Animal Suggestions”