Make More Trophy Animals

Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Make More Trophy Animals

Post by Tod1d »

I think it's all a matter of perspective. Self-imposing an arbitrary target of, for example a 200+ score for a Whitetail being a "Trophy", or "Huge" or whatever term you want to use is probably unrealistic. Dilaj's 196.930 (I assume from last season) would put him at #21 on the current leaderboard. If they increased the frequency of the very top end bucks, then that score might push you off the 1st page. You might get lucky & get a 203, but since there are many more over that score now you could be much further down the list.
Or look at it this way... You're saying everyone should be able to get a 200+ in a season. If the 5000 player estimate is accurate, and given that the highest scoring Whitetail since after Season 8 (when it changed) is 208.<something>, you get a 204. That puts you somewhere down around #2500 in the ranking. Quite a bit worse than your 196 is now.

I think anything that shows up on the first page of the leaderboard (top 100) is a "Monster".

B&C considers a score of 160 a "Trophy", and worthy of recording. And since the score ranges in-game are pretty reflective of real scores (The B&C record is 213.<something>), I would consider anything over 180 in-game to be a Really Nice Trophy.

Changing the top score, or the distribution would do nothing more than force us all to change our perspective. And I would personally rather have it closer to realistic.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

IRL a "Monster" is a truly rare occurrence. Make that EXTREMELY RARE. What is the reason to increase the numbers other than 'everyone' should be able to get one? That's patently ridiculous. There are already way too many non-typicals and albinos, leave the monsters alone. It's the last straw for me if they increase the numbers of 200+ Whitetails. If they do, I'll be so pi$$ed off I may never play again. And I've never had one. So leave them alone. Please.
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I agree with what David, Jim and Tod (among others) said. Recently I stopped enjoying small or medium sized non-typicals and small albinos/piebalds - some of them I don't even taxidermize any more. A 200+ moose is meh unless it's a 230+. Please don't mess with spawning and leave us some "legendary" or once-in-a-lifetime trophies like the 200+ whitetail, the 400+ roosevelt elk or the 70+ turkey. I haven't got either of them, but those and getting a "super rare" for the wiki are basically the only trophies left that would really make my heart jump in joy. Or winning one of BCKidd's competitions of course, that's also on my bucket list. :)

And as Tod said: once the 200+ whitetail becomes a norm for everyone, it doesn't mean anything any more. Then we'll all be looking for 205+ whitetails and we'll have a similar topic in here in a few months.
Image Image Image
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Ok, i dig what you are saying to a certain point guys .
So why are there so many 220+ Moose / 400+ RME / big pigs and so on !! ( i can enumerate all the other species if you want )

Just take a few minutes and check out the LB . Compare the other species with the WT . Only 6 200+ so far . How many monster ( or trophies ) for the others !?

That's what i'm saying .
The #100 spot with the Moose is a 224 ! Will you tell me then that the trophy Moose are too many ? See, no balance whatsoever .
The #100 spot for Red Deer , a 274 !

Compare the LB guys . You might understand what i'm saying .

Maybe you would like to change your opinion after that and say that , the other species are to easy , when it comes to trophies then .
From what you told me then , Getting a 225+ Moose is not fun anymore , cause there are so many to be found . :shock:

I could say like you guys , if the other species would be has rare has the WT 200+ buck ! Balance . Key word here .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

DYEUZ wrote:Ok, i dig what you are saying to a certain point guys .
So why are there so many 220+ Moose / 400+ RME / big pigs and so on !! ( i can enumerate all the other species if you want )

Just take a few minutes and check out the LB . Compare the other species with the WT . Only 6 200+ so far . How many monster ( or trophies ) for the others !?

That's what i'm saying .
The #100 spot with the Moose is a 224 ! Will you tell me then that the trophy Moose are too many ? See, no balance whatsoever .
The #100 spot for Red Deer , a 274 !

Compare the LB guys . You might understand what i'm saying .

Maybe you would like to change your opinion after that and say that , the other species are to easy , when it comes to trophies then .
From what you told me then , Getting a 225+ Moose is not fun anymore , cause there are so many to be found . :shock:

I could say like you guys , if the other species would be has rare has the WT 200+ buck ! Balance . Key word here .
I agree like the Wild boar the max score is 1310 no one ever got a 1300+ one the biggest Wild boar in the game was 1280+ 0 balance in this game leave the rares because rares are not rares the true rares is super rares and the top scoring ones
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Dilaj wrote:Make higher chance to spawn top 1 animals and maybe players come back or make a 1 month log event with 1000% more chance to a top 1 animal or to a super rare.
Says the guy who is already in a super rare gallery.
Dilaj
Tracker

Post by Dilaj »

curlyCoyote wrote:
Dilaj wrote:Make higher chance to spawn top 1 animals and maybe players come back or make a 1 month log event with 1000% more chance to a top 1 animal or to a super rare.
For 2 times :D
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

Dilaj wrote:
curlyCoyote wrote:
For 2 times :D
True, I dont even have to look at the super rare gallery to know you have an albino whitetail buck and a piebald rooselt elk. Cant mistake that signature mask and that flyffy coat.

Return to “Animal Suggestions”