New desert areas and new sheep

Nevada

New desert areas and new sheep

Post by Nevada »

Just my thoughts...maybe a desert environment with Desert Bighorn sheep, Antelope, Mule Deer...Maybe even add Stone Sheep to a mountainous area so hunters could compete for the coveted Grand Slam!! I guarantee you this would go over big!!!

Also an observation, the trophy heads of the Bighorn Sheep are not the right proportion. The heads are actually much bigger than you have shown...they are at least as big as the mule deer and whitetail heads if not bigger!
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Re: New desert areas and new sheep

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I would love a map like this. The stone sheep wouldn't fit in a map like that, but desert sheep would be great.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Great idea!!! Antelope(Pronghorn) have been requested since the very first days of this game. Desert Bighorn would be an awesome addition as well.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Dillakiller870
Spotter

Post by Dillakiller870 »

pronghorn, javelina, mule deer, bobcat, coyote, grey fox, some kind of quail!?!? Sounds great!
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

Nevada wrote:Just my thoughts...maybe a desert environment with Desert Bighorn sheep, Antelope, Mule Deer...Maybe even add Stone Sheep to a mountainous area so hunters could compete for the coveted Grand Slam!! I guarantee you this would go over big!!!

Also an observation, the trophy heads of the Bighorn Sheep are not the right proportion. The heads are actually much bigger than you have shown...they are at least as big as the mule deer and whitetail heads if not bigger!
Like the idea. Need to add some couses deer as well.

[When in doubt, use a bigger caliber.]
[My TheHunter Classic name is "Cerebral_Stalker"]
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

I have a couple of ideas on improving the gameplay that make sense on a desert map, where there is low number of places to hide for animals.

First, more dynamic generation of animals on session start. Saying, we have 2 species of predators and for each of them 2-4 species of plant-eaters or birds that these predators hunt. Then, when a game starts, it could happen that there is 1.5-2x higher population of one of predator specie, but almost no corresponding herbivorous animals - they ran away out of accessible part of reserve. Or, vice versa, less predators today, so noticeably more sheep/deer/quail.

Second, some areas of the map could have pseudo-dynamic content. In one session some area on a map is covered by desert plants, in another there was a fire that destroyed the greenery, so animals avoid entering this area, and even a player who entered this place got strong deterrent smell for a long time. Next time there is a season of flowering plants that attracts insects, so there are more birds and bird-eaters in this area.

I am sure that it would bring more fun and cause some really interesting experience.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

I'd imagine that the reserve concerning North American desert animals would be somewhere around or in this circle:

I Love Big Racks
Mcluvinplays

Post by Mcluvinplays »

Definitely with you on this especially like a high desert sage brush plain. hopefully though they do more big updates in the future
signature=Mcluvinplays][/signature]
This Seasons Stats

Return to “Animal Suggestions”