Albino Canada Goose

_dfad_
Scout

Albino Canada Goose

Post by _dfad_ »

So, I moved to US this summer.
And while driving to my work today, I've seen big pack of Canada geese on a field near the road, about a hundred of them.
And it was nice snow white sentry goose in the center of the group.
Unfortunately, I could not stop and make a picture.
So... Why don't we have full albinos in the game, as they exist IRL?
Yes, there are four rare skins for Canada goose already, but I believe it should not be too complex task to add an albino too.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
xOEDragonx

Re: Albino Canada Goose

Post by xOEDragonx »

Can you be certain it was an albino canada goose? Snow geese readily mingle with canada flocks in the states, or at least they most certainly do here on the east coast. Domestic geese can and will join wild canada goose flocks as well if not pinioned or contained. I've never seen a true albino canada goose, and a google image search of "albino canada goose" yields several pictures of snow geese, domestic geese, and leucistic canada geese. There is one photo that looks like it could be a genuine albino, but if it is then it would be a truly rare sight indeed. I'm still looking for my first bald leucistic goose in the game... I can only imagine the struggle to find an even more elusive albino XD
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

Well, I can't be 100% sure of course. It however did not differ from other geese in the flock by size or forms, at least at the first eye. Adult domestic goose would be bigger, won't it?

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

There are dozens of domestic species of goose, and many of them are available in solid white so it's not necessarily a guarantee that a domestic goose will be larger. Some domestic geese will hybridize with wild geese as well, so that's another possibility. Nowadays it's hard to tell which white birds are genuine. Even in cities flocks of rock doves (pigeons) will often include piebald looking birds that have hybridized with domestic doves. Ducks will do the same, as will turkeys. I've had to argue with someone local before who shot a "rare smoke phase turkey" that it was nothing more that a royal palm heritage turkey. I should know, I raise them XD

So it's hard to say exactly what you saw. If you see it again, look at the bill and the feet. If they are bright, obvious orange/yellow I can almost guarantee it's nothing special. Canada geese naturally have black bills and legs, and a true albino would have something more along the lines of pale pinkish-yellowish skin.

Return to “Animal Suggestions”