American Alligator for Rougarou Bayou

ZTrophyBuckZ
Spotter

American Alligator for Rougarou Bayou

Post by ZTrophyBuckZ »

I believe that American Alligator should be added to Rougarou Bayou for a new type of hunting experience. I think two ways to hunt them would be to shoot them off the shore or possibly adding alligator traps that could be tied onto trees. But maybe boats would have to be added for Alligator hunting?

"Scale" Variations:
Normal
Scarred
Albino (Rare)
Melanistic (Rare)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: American Alligator for Rougarou Bayou

Post by ronMctube »

there was suggestions about adding alligators in previous surveys. i think it could really add some fun to the game.i think we lack some danger element in theHunter.gators in the water not frequently could be a great experience and a scarey one if done right. quite a few have joked about duck hunting in rougarou before. ducks are in water. in mp. your friend goes out to get one and then a gator strikes :lol:

you could do trapping like you suggest with meat and hook off a tree.i think theHunter wants to stay away from that angle though so not to be linked with poaching and the likes. me personally think its part of hunting.also how you approach and deliver makes a huge difference. trapping for eg could reward you ingame. also bring in the possibility of other gameplay on other reserves. beaver hunting for eg. smaller game.quite a few ideas and new game playt could happen off trapping.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I'd love to see gators but I'd not like to see them be all THAT dangerous. IRL they're pretty mellow and relaxed; they're all over in the south, sharing a lot of space with humans, but attacks are rare. I mean I wouldn't walk up and try to stick my hand in one's mouth, but attacks should be a pretty small chance of happening.

That said I do love the big brutes and they would fit absolutely perfectly in Rougarou. I was sad to see bobcats put in there, really--had been hoping for gators :D
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

I agree, Alligator would be something new and different and could be a lot of fun if done right. I've seen several of them but never hunted them so it would be fun to do so in the game.

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

Been asking for this for awhile. It only makes sense. Hopefully one day. ;)
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Would be cool but then rougarou would be such a dangerous place lol i find it hard enough to spot charging bears and hogs there and now alligators watching from the depths. I still think it would be fun.
Nathan22Outdoors
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

Maybe Piccabeen would be a better place to have those animals on, we got new geese but i still think the map is missing something :)
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

DarkHunterXX wrote:Maybe Piccabeen would be a better place to have those animals on, we got new geese but i still think the map is missing something :)

No 'gators in Australia, they would have to be crocodiles. :D

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
DarkHunterXX
Scout

Post by DarkHunterXX »

XxStrong1xX wrote:
No 'gators in Australia, they would have to be crocodiles. :D
Ah well same thing for me :P , don't know the differences.
Photographer of the world, and playing this awesome game ;) :D Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJDOkC ... Gz49JctvnA
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

I recall the Devs addressing this in an AMA a couple of years ago. They stated that they had a difficult time making this a fun species to hunt.

Return to “Animal Suggestions”