Fur variation names for feral hog

_dfad_
Scout

Fur variation names for feral hog

Post by _dfad_ »

We have multiple skins for feral hog, that almost all are treated as common. It would be great to give them unique names, as we have for black bear currently.

This would give more possibilities for new competitions, missions etc.

Inspired by recent topic about hog skins: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 9&start=10

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Fur variation names for feral hog

Post by DYEUZ »

Besides the rare , they ALL are as common. This would mean a lot of work and for no significant revenue in the end .
Then , some you probably ask to do this for Blacktail ,Elk ,Wild Boar, Feral Goat, Coyote ,Bobcat ...Which all these have different tint / shades , in their species .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

DYEUZ wrote:Besides the rare , they ALL are as common.
So how this differs practically from black bears that have 4 non-rare variations, 3 of those have own names historically?
This would mean a lot of work
Rename few structures is a lot of work?
and for no significant revenue in the end .
As I wrote, this would allow to create some new competitions, as well as could be used in new mission packs. No direct additional money for EW, of course, but indirect influence could be achieved. For example, there could be some new hog missions where these fur variations are mentioned, that require specific weapon. :)
Then , some you probably ask to do this for Blacktail ,Elk ,Wild Boar, Feral Goat, Coyote ,Bobcat ...Which all these have different tint / shades , in their species
Why not, if this could be used for indirect revenue of EW as I mentioned above. I can imagine new mission set involving both different skins and different weapons. Money, money, money... ;)

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

Well, in the end , you can ask EW if it would be worth their time .
I don't see this happening anytime soon .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

To point out to dfdad, as mentioned most animals come in variations and most aren't named. For example if you look at elk, there's tan elk with lighter rumps and darker necks, and then elk that are solid, darker red. For whitetails you get greyish or brown-tan. Wolves and coyotes come in many patterns too, as well as goats. It's just to add some natural variety to their color scheme so they aren't all identical. I don't think they all need to be named.

Return to “Animal Suggestions”