Polo Ram & Snow Leopords

Nathan112244
Hunter

Polo Ram & Snow Leopords

Post by Nathan112244 »

Just watched this video of world class Polo Rams (never heard of them before) and i thought this would be an amazing species to have in classic.
Of course this species would need a different reserve but they were talking about Snow Leopards being something that kill the rams so maybe that could be another species.
The main reason i think this species would be amazing is mostly because the look of them and horn size, these things have monstrous horns that look thicker then Bighorn but have the shape of a Dall Sheep but even bigger.

Here is the video of 2 World class Polo Rams:
https://youtu.be/XavvPqTjyHA
Nathan22Outdoors
Nathan112244
Hunter

Re: Polo Ram & Snow Leopords

Post by Nathan112244 »

I did a little research on the place they were hunting ( Tajikistan) and it seems to also have Alpine Ibex, Wild Boar, Markhor and Snow Leopard of course.
I think i also saw a picture of some type of bear, either grizzly or Brown bear. Seems to mostly be types of goats
These are some pictures:

Polo Rams

Snow Leopards

Markhor
Nathan22Outdoors
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

That would be a really cool environment and species selection.
Asia is surely lacking in the EHR.
Spoiler:
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

BuiuRei wrote:That would be a really cool environment and species selection.
Asia is surely lacking in the EHR.
Yea Thehunter is lacking an Asia environment
the main reasons i think this map would be cool is:

1. Another reserve with Wild Boar
2. Opportunity at another cat, and 2 new big horned animals (we all like the deer and goats with big horns rather then small antlers like sitka)
3. A map that isn't completely full of brand new animals (2 species we currently have)
4. Leopard could make a good base for Mountain lion in the future or if Mountain Lion come first the leopard could use that body form
Nathan22Outdoors
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I think Marco Polo sheep would be really cool. I remember seeing a video of Jim Shockey hunting them. They're horns are very impressive. Not sure about snow leopard. I'm pretty sure they're illegal to hunt.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:I think Marco Polo sheep would be really cool. I remember seeing a video of Jim Shockey hunting them. They're horns are very impressive. Not sure about snow leopard. I'm pretty sure they're illegal to hunt.
yea probably, what do u think about the Markhor?
Nathan22Outdoors
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Nathan112244 wrote:
InstinctiveArcher wrote:I think Marco Polo sheep would be really cool. I remember seeing a video of Jim Shockey hunting them. They're horns are very impressive. Not sure about snow leopard. I'm pretty sure they're illegal to hunt.
yea probably, what do u think about the Markhor?
That would be cool. I know it's really heavily restricted, but they do allow cashmere markhor hunting.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

I was talking/asking for a Mongolia inspired reserve for long time. Of course Argali (Marco Polo sheep is only a subspecies of Argali) is #1 on my list. Beside that, are few other interesting species to hunt there: Mongolian Elk, White and Black Gazelle, Grey Wolf and Siberian Roe deer (bigger and with much larger antlers than European Roe Deer). Snow Leopard is heavily protected, but thinking of Polar Bear.... everything is/could be possible.
Spoiler:

fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

The Marco Polo sheep exist in nature only 6,000 specimens. With the hunting pace of the game they would be extinguished in 2 days :D
the Argali sheep (Ovis Ammon) would be better.
The snow leopard is also estimated at around 6,000 specimens
The idea is still good, an Asian environment is missing in the game
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I wouldn't expect to be seeing any new maps coming for awhile. Asia from west to east covers a lot of area, and a lot of countries therein. India & China have been requested before as they both hold a lot of different environment and a lot of different types of animals not found anywhere else outside of Asia. The mountain ranges in Northern Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Northern Pakistan, Northern India, & Southwestern China closely covering relative longitude lines in this region have a lot of the same animals, so it would be relatively easy to make a coordinated mountain habitat map. Mongolia would be an outcast from these and be considered a separate habitat even though some of the animals do exist there. Snow Leopards are one of the most elusive big cats that are also protected although there are other big cats in these area's that would probably be more suited for hunting. Markhor are another sought after trophy animal that could be great in the game. I'd be all for this type of environment and the animals that come with it if it was ever considered to be made for the game..

Return to “Animal Suggestions”