Pronghorn

rifleman4538

Re: Pronghorn

Post by rifleman4538 »

They would fit perfectly in the open areas of central and southern loggers point. They could also be put in the lower, flatter parts of timbergold.
ShaneRoach
Spotter

Post by ShaneRoach »

The game NEEDS a "upland" prairie biome. Maybe even a steppe. The only thing I can think is maybe dogs are not as popular as I think they are? But for dogs, upland birding is the thing. It is somewhat surprising it is not in the game already. Quail, Chukkar, etc. And all the things already mentioned in this long thread.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

ShaneRoach wrote:The game NEEDS a "upland" prairie biome. Maybe even a steppe. The only thing I can think is maybe dogs are not as popular as I think they are? But for dogs, upland birding is the thing. It is somewhat surprising it is not in the game already. Quail, Chukkar, etc. And all the things already mentioned in this long thread.
Top be fair, the game does have pheasant which is certainly an upland bird. I'm not sure about Ptarmigan, but I'd think the 3 species of Ptarmigan in the game are also considered upland game.
Personal Bests...
ShaneRoach
Spotter

Post by ShaneRoach »

Ptarmigan and pheasant both count, so yes upland birding per se is in the game. I guess I mispoke somewhat. Point being the natural biome for these (and quail and chukkar etc) the pronghorn and so on and on is kind of a spectacular miss for a hunting game. Vurhonga Savanna is a similar concept, so they know how to do an interesting flatland.
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

Yeah, Pronghorn/Antelope has been a topic for the last year or two. As much as I hate to say it, they wouldn't fit very well on any of the current maps. Logger's Point is ok but doesn't quite fit the bill. In order to add Pronghorn/Antelope they would have to make a new map similar to Whiterime Ridge but only grasslands. They could even keep a few small mountains off in a corner of the map to have some rocky mountain elk, puma, and mule deer, and then have the antelope down in the grasslands with like some prairie dogs, Antelope, and pheasant. This would pretty much be a Wyoming or Eastern Colorado map because we don't have anything from there yet.

[When in doubt, use a bigger caliber.]
[My TheHunter Classic name is "Cerebral_Stalker"]
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

thehammer223 wrote:Yeah, Pronghorn/Antelope has been a topic for the last year or two. As much as I hate to say it, they wouldn't fit very well on any of the current maps. Logger's Point is ok but doesn't quite fit the bill. In order to add Pronghorn/Antelope they would have to make a new map similar to Whiterime Ridge but only grasslands. They could even keep a few small mountains off in a corner of the map to have some rocky mountain elk, puma, and mule deer, and then have the antelope down in the grasslands with like some prairie dogs, Antelope, and pheasant. This would pretty much be a Wyoming or Eastern Colorado map because we don't have anything from there yet.
Yes! I would love to see a map like this. I’ve I’ve often wished we had a map that was a blend of Whiterime, timbergold, or Whiterime and redfeather tree types. A map with grassy plains shaped similar to the snow plains of Whiterime and similar consistency of trees but without snow. Basically somewhere in Rocky Mountains. Timbergold doesn’t have any plains. I’d like to see the Whiterime equivalent of Rocky Mountains. Whiterime is very big. It has plains and mountains.
FatMountainbear
Hunter

Post by FatMountainbear »

I am all up for it, for the pronghorn antelope.........but in my mind it does not fit in any of the existing reserves, so a new map would be needed. which one? A desert map of course/prairie map of course. I am wondering when will a new map be released......... ;)
slugmeister
Outfitter

Post by slugmeister »

ShaneRoach wrote:The game NEEDS a "upland" prairie biome. Maybe even a steppe. The only thing I can think is maybe dogs are not as popular as I think they are? But for dogs, upland birding is the thing. It is somewhat surprising it is not in the game already. Quail, Chukkar, etc. And all the things already mentioned in this long thread.
Now you're talking, a South Dakota map. Perfect for Pronghorn, but also tons of upland birds. Quail, three kinds of grouse, pheasants, all the ducks and geese you could ever want including snow geese, three turkeys (Meriam's already in game, rio grande, and eastern), doves, pigeon, crows, snipe, JACKRABBIT, we call them partridge but I think they are the same as chukar, prarie chicken.

Heck, I'd even say minimize eastern SD so as to not add the same animals we already have a bunch like whitetail, although an eastern side of the map with a bunch of potholes would be fantastic, a nice big river, then a western 2/3rd rolling prairie, and the extreme western end black hills style. That's a possible 13 new species right off the bat that are not in the game currently at all. I'd hope they would add at least another 4 or more species of ducks as well. Now that I think of it, you could even skip the blackhills as settler creeks pretty much is that already. Just give us a straight up prairie map.

I love this state. 2 months till hunting season.
worldhunter1

Post by worldhunter1 »

They would fit in well with a desert map.
“Keep your eyes on the stars, and your feet on the ground.”
Theodore Roosevelt
ZTrophyBuckZ
Spotter

Post by ZTrophyBuckZ »

worldhunter1 wrote:They would fit in well with a desert map.
A sagebrush prairie map would be even better for them, but yes, a map based off of an Arizona desert would definitely be suitable for them, too.

Return to “Animal Suggestions”