Pronghorn

Vapit

Pronghorn

Post by Vapit »

American antelope

They would go in well with some of the reserves already in place.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Re: Pronghorn

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Like which ones?
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Like which ones?
BnB beat me to it.

I'm not American but out of what i've heard they wouldn't fit anyhwere in the EHR atm. Correct me if i'm wrong though.

Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Not sure where your talking about, we done have any american maps that would fit with the pronghorn. If we wanted pronghorn we would need a map with wide open grassy plains, and high hills with bison, red fox, and bobcat maybe even some type of desert sheep
Nathan22Outdoors
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

As someone who has lived in various Rockies states all my life, the only place I ever see Pronghorn are on the plains of eastern New Mexico, eastern Colorado, eastern Montana spilling over into the Dakotas, and interior plateau Wyoming. They are grassland animals.

I used to hunt them a fair bit. Good meat. Skin as thin as the thinnest goat skin.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

I would love to see speed goats but I really dont think they would fit in any reserve currently available. We would need an american grasslands reserve for them. Of course it would be nice to see such a reserve complete with Bison, Prairie Dogs & Prairie Chicken (Sage grouse) with them.

BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Griph wrote:As someone who has lived in various Rockies states all my life, the only place I ever see Pronghorn are on the plains of eastern New Mexico, eastern Colorado, eastern Montana spilling over into the Dakotas, and interior plateau Wyoming. They are grassland animals.

I used to hunt them a fair bit. Good meat. Skin as thin as the thinnest goat skin.
Exactly my point, thank you. None of the reserves we currently have, with MAYBE Logger’s Point being the closest to a grasslands-type reserve, would be right for Pronghorn.
I think the OP is new, so I will basically break it down. The reserves are set to the fauna of different areas of the world, while all being in the same basic reserve (The EHR). While all fictional areas, they are all based on RL locales, and in turn the animals you would find there will be present on the reserve. For example, Hirschfelden is based of Germany, so you will find animals there that would be found in the German grasslands. Same with Whiterime Ridge, same with Redfeather Falls, same with Timbergold Trails, etc. The Devs don’t decide what to put in a reserve because “oh they would be cool here”. That’s why even tho it is an Autumn setting, you will not find Whitetails, Elk or turkey (all for example) in Hirschfelden, because those animals do not exist in Germany. Hope that makes sense. I could see Pronghorns in a new reserve, based off of New Mexico for example. You could have Pronghorn, Desert Mule Deer (subspecies of Mule Deer), Javalina, Couse Deer (subspecies of Whitetail), Rio Grande Turkey, and a few others. But in any of these reserves now? No, they would not fit at all.
SPRK85
Outfitter

Post by SPRK85 »

Griph wrote:As someone who has lived in various Rockies states all my life, the only place I ever see Pronghorn are on the plains of eastern New Mexico, eastern Colorado, eastern Montana spilling over into the Dakotas, and interior plateau Wyoming. They are grassland animals.
That would be great... a grassland reserve is something that we really need. Allthough I'd also vote for a Mongolia reserve... bit of the same. But that reserve would be filled with some reskinned same old same olds (Ibex, Roe, Wolf).
Therefore I'd say that an American Plains reserve with Pronghorn, Bison, Cougar(?), and a dog species would fit the bill. Throw in some Prairydog for varmit-fun and top it off with Muleys I guess. Or a New Mexico scenario with sheep, Coyote and Cougar :D
Griph wrote:I used to hunt them a fair bit. Good meat. Skin as thin as the thinnest goat skin.
And another day another lesson ;)
Vapit

Post by Vapit »

Yes I was thinking more along the lines of logger's point but was not sure exactly were they based it from.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

kevin2106 wrote:
BucksNBuffalo wrote:Like which ones?
BnB beat me to it.

I'm not American but out of what i've heard they wouldn't fit anyhwere in the EHR atm. Correct me if i'm wrong though.
Not perfect, but the southern 2/3rds of Logger's Point wouldn't be terrible if they were programmed to stay out of the woods on the coasts. Point is the rolling grass fields in the center(east/west), of the island does resemble the Pronghorn terrain of the Dakotas, and Montana which are stubble fields (harvested wheat), and CRP grasslands. Obviously a new reserve with much larger open rolling fields (treeless) would be better...
Personal Bests...

Return to “Animal Suggestions”