Pronghorn

Nathan112244
Hunter

Re: Pronghorn

Post by Nathan112244 »

deerman30 wrote:If we're talking about the pronghorn antelope and there has yet to be a map that matches the animal, is it possible to create a map based on the desert regions of Baja California or somewhere along Mexico?
Anything is possible, but after piccabeen i feel like most of the upcoming maps are going to be exotic.
Hopefully they add a map, closer to the plains, not sure where exactly but with pronghorn, coyotes, desert bighorn and maybe even mule deer would be cool.
European rabbits maybe? or the addition of jack rabbits?
Nathan22Outdoors
louismarez925

Post by louismarez925 »

ive posted twice about pronghorn and agree strongly about adding them, but you would have to add an entirely new map for them, the only map that would work for them is loggers point, and that's really pushing it. my home state of idaho has pronghorn and ive killed two. they would be an amazing addition to this game
EmmaHunter22

Post by EmmaHunter22 »

I haven't read all of the replies. But here's my two cents anyhow....

I would love to see pronghorn in the game; However, they wouldn't fit in any of the current reserves in my opinion.

I plan on posting this in Environment Suggestions later on, but I've been saying since the beginning that a reserve based on Arizona would be a fantastic addition to the game. Granted, I'm prejudiced... I've lived in Arizona all my life. But, most people that have been here and seen the wildlife can agree that we have some INCREDIBLE wildlife. We have mule deer, rocky mountain elk (the big kind... not them puny roosevelts ;)), coyotes, foxes, bobcats, small game (quail, dove, rabbit....), mountain lion, bison (in some areas), bighorn, pronghorn, bear.... It goes on and on. And the diversity of the area is incredible. You can go from harsh, barren scrubbrush desert, to lush green pine forests in half an hour here. The only difficulty would be deciding which animals to put in... cause oh boy are there a LOT!

Anywho, I realize that was kinda off-topic, but that's a way pronghorn would fit in, along with many others.

Also, while pronghorn are *mainly* plains animals, I've personally seen herds feeding up high in Juniper forests. Pretty weird to see, honestly, but cool nonetheless! (not trying to argue, just stating a cool fact! :))
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Like which ones?
Could possibly add them in somewhere on the right side of Bushrangers Run.

[When in doubt, use a bigger caliber.]
[My TheHunter Classic name is "Cerebral_Stalker"]
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

EmmaHunter22 wrote:I haven't read all of the replies. But here's my two cents anyhow....

I would love to see pronghorn in the game; However, they wouldn't fit in any of the current reserves in my opinion.

I plan on posting this in Environment Suggestions later on, but I've been saying since the beginning that a reserve based on Arizona would be a fantastic addition to the game. Granted, I'm prejudiced... I've lived in Arizona all my life. But, most people that have been here and seen the wildlife can agree that we have some INCREDIBLE wildlife. We have mule deer, rocky mountain elk (the big kind... not them puny roosevelts ;)), coyotes, foxes, bobcats, small game (quail, dove, rabbit....), mountain lion, bison (in some areas), bighorn, pronghorn, bear.... It goes on and on. And the diversity of the area is incredible. You can go from harsh, barren scrubbrush desert, to lush green pine forests in half an hour here. The only difficulty would be deciding which animals to put in... cause oh boy are there a LOT!

Anywho, I realize that was kinda off-topic, but that's a way pronghorn would fit in, along with many others.

Also, while pronghorn are *mainly* plains animals, I've personally seen herds feeding up high in Juniper forests. Pretty weird to see, honestly, but cool nonetheless! (not trying to argue, just stating a cool fact! :))
I agree but I feel like they would not make another map just to add some pronghorn.

thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

Griph wrote:I think it really would need a new reserve, and I like the idea of something like the Dakota's prairies (with Badlands!!!), with bison, and wolf/coyote, pheasant, quail?!, deer, and prairie dogs!!.

One problem with this idea, though, is that Pronghorn have great eyesight and it's tough to get close to these hair-thin trip-wire creatures. And when one spooks, the whole herd zips off at top speed. They're particularly skittish in windy conditions. I'm not sure our draw distance would work for realistic antelope hunting on grasslands. They are hunted with long-range, flat-shooting rifles with good scopes! However, they are curious animals as well, and can be lured in to closer range during late fall, sometimes with nothing more than a piece of cloth tied to a stick waving around a bit.

But, if EW were to build a new grasslands map, I'd rather them build a Serengeti map. We could have several different kinds of antelope, but also lion and cheetah and any number of other safari animals.
True but if you have ever hunted Whitetails before, they are not even close to easy to sneek up upon either. They would have do dim down their senses a little bit and it would be fine. They would also have to put them not in groups.

thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:I would love to see pronghorn. They are such a unique animal. Although they are mainly a plains animal, I saw quite a few up in the Bighorn Mountains in Wyoming. They seemed out of place, but I guess it can happen. A plains map would be great as well.
Here's a pretty sweet trail camera picture that I saw a few days ago.
You kidding. The Bighorn Mountains antelope are very well fitting into the environment on the plains and even the foot mountains in the summer. Probably the best state to hunt antelope/pronghorn in my opinion.

BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

thehammer223 wrote:
BRR is an Australia-based map, and the Devs keep things representative of the areas the reserves are based on. So you will not find Pronghorn in Australia (BRR), Tigers in RFF (Canada...and believe me its been asked for a bit back lol), etc. I know you are new here, so just a little insight for you.
thehammer223
Tracker

Post by thehammer223 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:
thehammer223 wrote:
BRR is an Australia-based map, and the Devs keep things representative of the areas the reserves are based on. So you will not find Pronghorn in Australia (BRR), Tigers in RFF (Canada...and believe me its been asked for a bit back lol), etc. I know you are new here, so just a little insight for you.
Ok thanks for the info. Just putting out suggestions. Figure it can't hurt anything.

rifleman4538

Post by rifleman4538 »

Pronghorn could fit in the open areas of loggers point. You could also put them in the lower parts to the south on timbergold

Return to “Animal Suggestions”