Pronghorn

SPRK85
Outfitter

Re: Pronghorn

Post by SPRK85 »

Fletchette wrote: Not perfect, but the southern 2/3rds of Logger's Point wouldn't be terrible if they were programmed to stay out of the woods on the coasts. Point is the rolling grass fields in the center(east/west), of the island does resemble the Pronghorn terrain of the Dakotas, and Montana which are stubble fields (harvested wheat), and CRP grasslands. Obviously a new reserve with much larger open rolling fields (treeless) would be better...
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

I think it really would need a new reserve, and I like the idea of something like the Dakota's prairies (with Badlands!!!), with bison, and wolf/coyote, pheasant, quail?!, deer, and prairie dogs!!.

One problem with this idea, though, is that Pronghorn have great eyesight and it's tough to get close to these hair-thin trip-wire creatures. And when one spooks, the whole herd zips off at top speed. They're particularly skittish in windy conditions. I'm not sure our draw distance would work for realistic antelope hunting on grasslands. They are hunted with long-range, flat-shooting rifles with good scopes! However, they are curious animals as well, and can be lured in to closer range during late fall, sometimes with nothing more than a piece of cloth tied to a stick waving around a bit.

But, if EW were to build a new grasslands map, I'd rather them build a Serengeti map. We could have several different kinds of antelope, but also lion and cheetah and any number of other safari animals.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Griph,.. don't worry about the draw distance,.. the game isn't that realistically made, so we'll play it by ear........
but sounds all too like an old post that was put up in the old forum......
and I still got the pictures................ :lol:
Map Ideas with animals?........... remember when,....
Great Plains
Desert Canyon
Northwoods, of course though these were only the predators... :mrgreen: and it does kinda look a lot like TT
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I would love to see pronghorn. They are such a unique animal. Although they are mainly a plains animal, I saw quite a few up in the Bighorn Mountains in Wyoming. They seemed out of place, but I guess it can happen. A plains map would be great as well.
Here's a pretty sweet trail camera picture that I saw a few days ago.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:I would love to see pronghorn. They are such a unique animal. Although they are mainly a plains animal, I saw quite a few up in the Bighorn Mountains in Wyoming. They seemed out of place, but I guess it can happen. A plains map would be great as well.
Here's a pretty sweet trail camera picture that I saw a few days ago.
Wow that has to be one of, if not the best trail cam pics ive seen
Nathan22Outdoors
SPRK85
Outfitter

Post by SPRK85 »

InstinctiveArcher wrote: Image
Oh, yes... beautiful vista

And again I remember why I hate my country :cry:
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

Spent a lot of time in the Bighorns. Photo takes me back!

Where can one find a link to that trail cam?
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

Griph wrote:Spent a lot of time in the Bighorns. Photo takes me back!

Where can one find a link to that trail cam?
I'm signed up to get this hunting newsletter. It's called Bucks, Bulls, & Bears. Each week they have a trail camera photo of the week, and that was this weeks photo.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
ZTrophyBuckZ
Spotter

Post by ZTrophyBuckZ »

I believe a Sagebrush Prairie map is needed before Pronghorn are added. Pronghorn would be an amazing addition to the game.
deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

If we're talking about the pronghorn antelope and there has yet to be a map that matches the animal, is it possible to create a map based on the desert regions of Baja California or somewhere along Mexico?

I Love Big Racks

Return to “Animal Suggestions”