Goose hunting should be more realistic

Hirvikala

Goose hunting should be more realistic

Post by Hirvikala »

The upgrade could have more goose ringing tones, for example, Feeding tones and return voices. And that occasionally there would be bigger goose flocks. Here is a video link to what I would like to be in The Hunter Classic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HmxtLqoTug

Greetings: Hirvikala
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Goose hunting should be more realistic

Post by HooCairs »

I am sure you are right with what you say, but you know what's funny? After watching this video I feel goose hunting is among the best implemented functions in the game when it comes to calls, sounds and animal behavior. :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

goose hunting is pretty well done in this game would like the lie down blinds added though.in mp this would be amazing fun :D
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I agree with the two experts. Goose hunting is pretty realistic in this game. The animations are terrific, and the spook behavior is perfect. Go stand in a corn field, or just near a pond on a golf course, and spook them. They react exactly like in game.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I agree goose hunting is good the way it currently is. Not saying there aren't things that could be added, but there are so many other types of hunting, animal behaviors and models in the game I would prefer to see changed before ever pointing a finger at geese. Goose hunting was actually the single thing that sold me over on this game and made me buy my initial membership. I grew up goose hunting and haven't had the opportunity to do it in many years, so I've longed for a game that could recreate even half the fun I used to have honking at geese. And while I've played just about every hunting game that has existed, very few ever even attempted to introduce birds and not one has truly captured the excitement of chasing waterfowl for me (Bird Hunter: Wild Wings Edition came close, but it was riddled with bugs and the graphics were nothing to boast about...).

I was crazy excited the first time someone took me to their goose setup in this game. I was ecstatic when the first flock of geese passed over us, then soon after turned around and came back in. I about lost it when they set their wings and started coasting into the decoys. Not only did this new-to-me hunter game include goose hunting, but they did it so right. Obviously with over 1,000 geese in the game it's not quite the overwhelming awesomeness it was with my first in-game goose hunt, but it continues to be my favorite part of the game nonetheless. There are certainly things they could add... goose pits or lay down blinds would be great, another caller just for sound variety if you have several people calling together, dare I even say floating decoys for setups on the river, but almost all of the things I could think of would mostly be for aesthetics since we already have functional blinds, calls and decoys. If anything, people would probably just complain if they introduced any of that stuff since it would just be more of the gear we already have and they wouldn't want to pay for it.

Bigger flocks could be fun, or at least changing the system so more than six birds can break from a flock at a time (Yes, a whole flock can break, but they do it in chunks of 6 birds or less at a time. It'd be great if a whole flock of 12-13 birds could break together instead of splitting up almost every time, even though that has it's realism too).
Hirvikala

Post by Hirvikala »

HooCairs. Can I be in your video someday?
TheFinnishGoose

Post by TheFinnishGoose »

i Think Not Mate :D, He got better things to do.Like making a video on youtube (still waiting, Hoocairs :)
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Never saw one of Hoo's video that feature another player. I might be wrong, but even if those exist, they're uncommon, so what exactly do you have to offer to him?
Spoiler:

Return to “Animal Suggestions”