Whitetail racks

Nathan112244
Hunter

Whitetail racks

Post by Nathan112244 »

Anyone know why exactly the whitetail racks look like that in game?
They look good but their are basicly only 3 typical styles, Highracks usually 165-179 score, super highracks and wide racks which are the 180-max score usually
but why dont we have racks with less spread and taller points
<< Like this one in my profile pic
Nathan22Outdoors
walt133
Hunter

Re: Whitetail racks

Post by walt133 »

There are also basket racks Nathan. Unless that's what you mean by highracks. ;)
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I don't know. I really wish that the whitetail antlers would get looked at again. The antlers look pretty goofy right now.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I'm 100% with you on this. I'd LOVE to see better whitetail racks--and that includes some NT racks that have that, not to break my own point, but "typical non-typical" look. You know, like a normal rack but thick, some extra tines, warping and so on--rather than the tree-bush explosions we have at the moment :D

White-tailed deer are, imo, THE classic "game animal" for all hunting games, the symbol of hunting. I'd love their entire models to be reworked, to be honest. The antlers' tines never seemed tall enough to me--very oddly short on the beams--and the bodies are often squat and square, short. A real whitetail should look long, elegant, with an outstretched or upright neck. There should be more length before the hock and the elbow/knee should not happen before the bottom line of the chest and belly. Their necks should not have a horse's arch. This is my favorite prey species, but the model in-game makes me turn to elk more often, even though they too could use some work (faces, mostly).

By the "typical NT antlers" btw, I mean something like this:

Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

TheSheWolf wrote:I'm 100% with you on this. I'd LOVE to see better whitetail racks--and that includes some NT racks that have that, not to break my own point, but "typical non-typical" look. You know, like a normal rack but thick, some extra tines, warping and so on--rather than the tree-bush explosions we have at the moment :D

White-tailed deer are, imo, THE classic "game animal" for all hunting games, the symbol of hunting. I'd love their entire models to be reworked, to be honest. The antlers' tines never seemed tall enough to me--very oddly short on the beams--and the bodies are often squat and square, short. A real whitetail should look long, elegant, with an outstretched or upright neck. There should be more length before the hock and the elbow/knee should not happen before the bottom line of the chest and belly. Their necks should not have a horse's arch. This is my favorite prey species, but the model in-game makes me turn to elk more often, even though they too could use some work (faces, mostly).

By the "typical NT antlers" btw, I mean something like this:

Yea i agree the racks are either super typical or super non typical there is no "in the middle range", id like to see some racks like the one at the top of the non typical score sheet if u have ever seen it but if not here is the score sheet on thehunter:
(this is #1 on leaders for Non tip Whitetail but that doesn't matter)

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/bone ... /577233798
Nathan22Outdoors
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

walt133 wrote:There are also basket racks Nathan. Unless that's what you mean by highracks. ;)
By "basket racks" are u talking about this?
If so thats what i called the "super high racks" because they literly go straight up
(Out of Ardillamente's gallery)

Nathan22Outdoors
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Yeah, those are also called basket racks! And I agree, exactly like the scoresheet :)
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

Yea i think the racks need to be re-done. Along with the look of the whitetails their self, maybe the boar and feral hog while ur at it ;)
Nathan22Outdoors
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

there used to be a few different looking versions before true racks. one was like a crown which i really liked.also you had a rack type like a big fan and was higher than the normal wide beem version.some different variety would be a great addition.
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

ronMctube wrote:there used to be a few different looking versions before true racks. one was like a crown which i really liked.also you had a rack type like a big fan and was higher than the normal wide beem version.some different variety would be a great addition.
Those sound awesome, do you happen to have any old images of them?

Return to “Animal Suggestions”