Four Horned Jacob Sheep

I_Does_English

Four Horned Jacob Sheep

Post by I_Does_English »

So basically after spending way too long on the internet, I stumbled upon a hunting tour site that offered "Jacob Sheep" hunts. I was intrigued, so I decided to investigate.

Now, I dunno who this "Jacob" dude is, but this sheep that is named after him is absolutely insane :lol: . Apparently they can have up to 6 (yes, 6!) horns but most seem to have 4. The horns aren't just numerous though, they can get real big too. I reckon the devs would have a whole heap of fun designing these crazy sheep, coming up with awesome ideas for different horn styles, fur variations etc.

A slight problem is that they seem to be only domestic sheep and there don't seem to be any wild ones kicking around anywhere, so finding a reserve to put them in might be a bit tricky... does anyone have some experience with these sheep and might be able to suggest which reserve they could go in?... I'm literally getting all my info from Wikipedia so I'm not exactly an expert :lol: . I mean to solve the domestic problem we can just chuck "feral" in front of the name... But yeah I'm just wanting your guys opinions on this topic, yay or nay?

Oh yeah, here are some pictures for you guys to have a geez at.

My theHunter username is sammyt89 :-)
Check out my YouTube channel for IRL hunting and fishing in the wilds of NZ! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPLxdo ... FDYlS8N5UA
Skorpiovenator

Re: Four Horned Jacob Sheep

Post by Skorpiovenator »

What a sheep! It is quite unfortunate that they are domestic, I would love to hunt them in-game! They were introduced to Israel in 2016, but that's basically it. Unless they make a British reserve, I dont see much chance of them making it in, unless they have them as feral.
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

This past Christmas I took the Mrs to a festival held at the Kentucky horse park. They had several of these Jacob sheep in there. I coulda sworn they had 6 horns though. They had another set between the 2 like you have pictured that curved forward. Frankly I had never heard or seen the like before & at 1st glance I thought I was looking at the devil outta hell! :lol:

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Turns out you can Hunt them in Texas

Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

What would the scoring system be? One complicated bit of measuring to be done with the 6 horned beasts, sure be fun to hunt though....
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

Stealthhunter
Tracker

Post by Stealthhunter »

Nice would like to see these in game. Could spice up some trophy shots ;). I think the scoring would be similar to the Dall sheep and bighorn except the would get extra points for having the extra horns.
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
_dfad_
Scout

Re: RE: Re: Four Horned Jacob Sheep

Post by _dfad_ »

Skorpiovenator wrote:What a sheep! It is quite unfortunate that they are domestic
If they are domestic, they could run away, get lost and become feral. ;)
But I can't imagine them somewhere except BR map.

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
DjHellHound

Post by DjHellHound »

Even though its a sheep its something fresh that thehunter community has really never seen before though if they were going to be added they'll most likely be scored like deer in a way(as in the width and length of each separate horn to calculate the final result) but due to them being domestic I suppose they could be feral? but they would probably have their own style similar to feral goats heck already looking at them wants me to already wish they were in the game

anyway this is a yay for me
BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

SoftShoe wrote:Turns out you can Hunt them in Texas
Yeah Texas has a lot of different imported animals in there fenced in hunting parks. That’s an idea how about a reserve that’s 1 square kilometer with animals that seek out the hunter so we can just kill them all,kinda like a cabelas shooting park,sickening.

Return to “Animal Suggestions”