Revise whitetail antlers

Jackson11
Scout

Revise whitetail antlers

Post by Jackson11 »

I have seen this also with other deer, but especially with whitetail. The antlers of the big ones (175-200+) always have the same frame. Its always a wide rack with tons of points. In the real world, it is possible for an 8 point buck to score 170 or more. It would be nice to see more variations and antler types.

My theHunter name: Jackson011 Youtube: Jackson011 theHunter (no videos yet though :D ) Twitter:@jacksonmcox
Djehmli
Tracker

Re: Revise whitetail antlers

Post by Djehmli »

I would disagree.

They are not always the wide rack. The TruRacs system is used and I've seen just as many 'Basket' racks along with the handle bar racks, hit the 170 +

There have also been some really nice thick racks with lesser count of points make it. Though I am sure someone with a greater longevity to the game than I can prove/disprove.
Spoiler:

BuckWill
Spotter

Post by BuckWill »

I agree with the op, whitetail in general grow more up then wide. Seems like the tines max out at 9.5” ,where are the 13” tines and realistic non typicals. A drop tine here or there but the non typicals on this game are unrealistic for the most part, and a 6x6 typical is rare so having these 8x8 racks are just wrong. A 190 5x5 with 12-13” tines and thick is a real monster whitetail.

http://imomags.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... AWP_A1.jpg

Or this

http://community.deergear.com/wp-conten ... illard.jpg
Nathan112244
Hunter

Post by Nathan112244 »

I agree and disagree,
not all 175-200 are the same, there are the super wide ones that are usually 180+ and 170's are usually a slight highrack.
What i do agree about is that we need different rack shapes. my profile picture is probably the most known whitetail in the world, and yet none of the racks in game look anything like it. I think its a 12 pt and in game to get anything close to that score it needs to have 16
Nathan22Outdoors
bigjag18
Spotter

Post by bigjag18 »

I suggested this back in like 2014. They're never coming lol
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

Whitetail racks are long overdue,
we need spikes! Fork Horns!! And More variety of racks on the large end.... Everything is wide and rarely anything is tall....

Return to “Animal Suggestions”