Canis lupus arcticus

BAJA_MAJA

Canis lupus arcticus

Post by BAJA_MAJA »

Hello everbody i like whiterime ridge because is open and has long views but i mis the arctic wolf and in the polar bear erea the seals
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Re: Canis lupus arcticus

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

You’re probably gonna have to keep missing them, especially the seals.
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:You’re probably gonna have to keep missing them, especially the seals.

I don’t know, we already have wolves that just need a reeskin and the polar bear swims underwater so the mechanics are in the area for animals to pop in and out the water and onto the shore. Seal hunting could be different and very fun
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

You would see zero harvest from me for seals . Reminds me too much of some slaughtering done in the past .
Out of all the sporting games available , can't imagine this is being suggested !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

What could possibly be so fun about hunting seals?? Don’t misunderstand, I’m not like a seal lover or someone that goes nuts when I see them killed, but what could be so fun about hunting animals that are EXTREMELY slow on land, move like giant slugs, and are most graceful and fast in the water where we cannot hunt anyway? What, we gonna rely on the constantly breaking float to shore mechanic? Or wait around for a little game of Whack A Mole (whack a seal lol)? No thanks, at all. Might be fun for like...10min. And even so, a seal is not exactly a trophy animal, no matter how you look at it.
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

:arrow: BnB .. I agree with you . Where would be the challenges ? And we know about how the ice banks are not so accessible and friendly .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

007aln
Spotter

Post by 007aln »

I agree there should be wolves on WRR! No wolves in an Alaska map??

They also need to redesign the caribou so they can spawn in WRR.
Jpmiller

Post by Jpmiller »

I'd like to see wolves that would be fun. Would also love to see mountain goats in the mountains in the center of the map.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:What could possibly be so fun about hunting seals?? Don’t misunderstand, I’m not like a seal lover or someone that goes nuts when I see them killed, but what could be so fun about hunting animals that are EXTREMELY slow on land, move like giant slugs, and are most graceful and fast in the water where we cannot hunt anyway? What, we gonna rely on the constantly breaking float to shore mechanic? Or wait around for a little game of Whack A Mole (whack a seal lol)? No thanks, at all. Might be fun for like...10min. And even so, a seal is not exactly a trophy animal, no matter how you look at it.

'GAS56 wrote'
I don't know about that? just put 10 foot tusks on them like the feral goats giant horns.... and Wa La......trophy animals.......... :lol:
Maybe if they just stick there head out of a hole and we can gig them like frogs instead of whackin' em.
Tell ya the truth.... I wouldn't care to see them there at all.

'007aln wrote'
I agree there should be wolves on WRR! No wolves in an Alaska map??
They also need to redesign the caribou so they can spawn in WRR.

'GAS56 wrote'
I agree on the Wolf being there, but with the Caribou migration... just how would that work? they'd migrate in from the west side then have to migrate right back out the west side!.. :lol:
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Aye, I can't see seals working. Even when a bear dies in the water you have to die to cold to retrieve it and just -hope- you don't land too far to claim : / I hate the water mechanics and half-working iceberg hitboxes as it is, it makes me not want to play Whiterime as much as I'd like. I'd love caribou migrations too, or even just caribou there. It'd be cool if there was just ONE BIG HERD of like thirty animals slowly moving through!

Return to “Animal Suggestions”