Trophy Shot Poses for Animals?

Seifer
Hunter

Trophy Shot Poses for Animals?

Post by Seifer »

Something that came to mind, I don't know if it's been suggested but I would like to see poses for animals to make taking trophy shots easier. I don't know about everyone else but I have a heck of a time trying to position an animal for a trophy shot. Thoughts?
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: Trophy Shot Poses for Animals?

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

I agree, posing trophy shots is difficult. It's also a lot of fun but could use improvements to make it easier. It's so dodgy trying to move the animal around, aside from the animal going into a seizure, I'm having extreme difficulties moving animals on my machine. And wanted to know why moving the animal (clicking on it's body and dragging my mouse) getting the animal to move even slightly seems almost as difficult as it would be in real life? However I have seen YouTubers (who obviously have optimal systems for this game) click and drag the animal around fluidly? while me (with a less than optimal system) when I click the animal I drag my mouse many passes across the mouse pad and it's difficult sliding the animal even the slightest distances. I don't understand why the quality of my system should influence to such a degree how I'm able to move the animals in my trophy shots? I'm confused about this because when I do it it feels like 'gravity' is 100 times stronger for me than when I see other people on youtube doing it?
Stealthhunter
Tracker

Post by Stealthhunter »

I agree with everything above. I find geese, ducks, rabbits and turkeys are the hardest to take a trophy shot pose, so would like to have trophy shot poses for them and all the other animals to help out.
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
Seiska
Tracker

Post by Seiska »

While I love the ragdoll body system, dragging and pulling the animal into the pose you like, I agree. It can sometimes be rather difficult to get them just right sometimes. Having the option to have poses or do it manually would be neat, though! I am sure it would be a lot of work for the artists to come up with a whole new set of poses, but it might be worth it in the end. Being able to buy species premade poses from the store would be an investment I'd personally probably partake in, like you can for your player avatar.
"I’ll have dirt on my feet and stars in my eyes.
I’ll be in the forest where the earth comes alive."
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

I agree a lot.

It is nice that we can set up animal as we want, but this is often pain in the ... Part of the problem (but not sure can this be done otherwise because of "technical" reasons) is that we control a ragdoll only in one plane, and not 3d. Such ready poses could be at least good starting points if someone wouldn't be happy with "original offer". ;)

From other hand, those would be probably another "product" for with we would have to pay - for each pose separaetly. :P So I do not insist. ;)

From myself I would like to add something:

There would be also nice if mouse scroll in trophy-shot mode would control lense lenght actualy - so changing FOV and zoom instead of controlling rather distance to object. And here is why: default FOV is obviously relatively large, to allow us good field of view when we play. But this causes easily the effect of "exageration of a first plane" (not sure of proper term in English - this is more-less direct translation from Polish). Objects that are closer to the lense look bigger, than objects farrer away. And while I like to simply have my character on Trophy Shots, I'm using him also as a scale. I think this have sense especialy when size (by means of weight usualy) also contribute to the score.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I agree that trophy shot poses for animals would be nice, but if that's too much work for the devs, I'd at least appreciate one change: get rid of the fact that the animal automatically goes into ragdoll mode when I switch back with the SPACE key. Often you need to move the animal from different angles to make it look good, but whenever you change the camera angle and then switch back with SPACE, the animal falls to the ground again. Also I don't understand why when I click on the animal and try to move a single limb, the whole model goes ragdoll and becomes subject to gravity.

This is unnecessary - just let us toggle between ragdoll and "stiff" or "float" mode (whatever you want to call it) with one key and let us move parts of the animal with the rest of the model staying fixed please. Would this be hard to implement?
Image Image Image
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I agree that trophy shot poses for animals would be nice, but if that's too much work for the devs, I'd at least appreciate one change: get rid of the fact that the animal automatically goes into ragdoll mode when I switch back with the SPACE key. Often you need to move the animal from different angles to make it look good, but whenever you change the camera angle and then switch back with SPACE, the animal falls to the ground again. Also I don't understand why when I click on the animal and try to move a single limb, the whole model goes ragdoll and becomes subject to gravity.

This is unnecessary - just let us toggle between ragdoll and "stiff" or "float" mode (whatever you want to call it) with one key and let us move parts of the animal with the rest of the model staying fixed please. Would this be hard to implement?
Exactly! That has always been my #1 issue with those trophy shots!
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Seiska
Tracker

Post by Seiska »

Tanngnjostr wrote:This is unnecessary - just let us toggle between ragdoll and "stiff" or "float" mode (whatever you want to call it) with one key and let us move parts of the animal with the rest of the model staying fixed please. Would this be hard to implement?
This is a good idea!
"I’ll have dirt on my feet and stars in my eyes.
I’ll be in the forest where the earth comes alive."
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Levado wrote:
Tanngnjostr wrote:I agree that trophy shot poses for animals would be nice, but if that's too much work for the devs, I'd at least appreciate one change: get rid of the fact that the animal automatically goes into ragdoll mode when I switch back with the SPACE key. Often you need to move the animal from different angles to make it look good, but whenever you change the camera angle and then switch back with SPACE, the animal falls to the ground again. Also I don't understand why when I click on the animal and try to move a single limb, the whole model goes ragdoll and becomes subject to gravity.

Exactly! That has always been my #1 issue with those trophy shots!
Yes also agree. My other frustration with it is that it's really hard for me to move the animal 'up hills'. It just curls-in on it's self instead of moving up the hill. My character doesn't do that. When I click my character it moves freely all around. Moving the animal is a wrestling match that takes forever. Often the animal ends up out of my camera range after gravity has moved it away (Which ties into the suggestion up top by Levado).
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Does manipulating the animal on the ground work the computer system hard? I still don't understand why it's so hard for me to move animals. It's not fluid like I see in videos of others doing it. Others they click on the animal and with one quick swipe the animal moves wherever. Me, I have to click and swipe my mouse many times and with each swipe it's hard to even get the animal to move a few inches. And it moves really slow. It feels like gravity is working 100 times harder for me?

Return to “Animal Suggestions”