Trophy Shot Poses for Animals?

InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Re: Trophy Shot Poses for Animals?

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Knut wrote:^^that's because the mouse sensitivity changes in trophy shot. I might be mistaken, but I think it is the same setting than aiming. So if your aiming is set very fine, that might be it. I bet those videos where people are dong it fluently is done with mice that can change the DPI settings on the fly.
I do that for example. I have middle dpi for playing the game, very low for aiming and the highest for bino use and trophy shot.
I have my mouse sensitivity turned up to the highest settings on both the 'game settings' and in Windows 7 and I'm still experiencing these problems with trying to move the animal. When I'm in 'aiming' mode it used to lag but I have resolved those issues by cleaning up my laptop. But I have this one particular problem with trying to move the animals for trophy shots and I don't understand what's happening there.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

It just took me ten minutes to desperately try to setup a trophy shot of a nice deer with me and my dog - without success. And then I thought it was about time to bump this one up again...

Devs, I would be willing to pay for animal trophy poses, just like I was willing to pay for trophy shot poses of my avatar. Or how about implementing my suggestion above and stop the animal ragdoll from collapsing every time I switch the camera mode? Mat? Patrick? Anyone?
Image Image Image
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
Devs, I would be willing to pay for animal trophy poses, just like I was willing to pay for trophy shot poses of my avatar. Or how about implementing my suggestion above and stop the animal ragdoll from collapsing every time I switch the camera mode? Mat? Patrick? Anyone?
Ditto this!!! Trying to manipulate the rag doll is one of the more infuriating aspects of the game for me.

XxStrong1xX
Outfitter

Post by XxStrong1xX »

Great idea. I really stink at posing the animals and usually just give up and take the shot too soon. Some people have a real talent for it, but this would make it so much easier for the rest of us. :)

Playing off and on since 2010. My original forum profile https://forum.thehunter.com/memberlist. ... le&u=13071
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I would also gladly pay for animal trophy poses. Honestly, they wouldn't even need a bunch like the 10 or so we have for our hunter. If they just had one default pose for each animal type (i.e. all deer species laying nicely with their legs folded and head up, all bears laying stretched out with their head up, etc) that would probably be adequate. I mean technically, all the deer species, sheep, goats and bovine could share the exact same pose and it would like just fine. There wouldd only be a handful of species that might need a unique pose, like perhaps turkeys laying with their wings open and tail spread or kangaroos doing whatever kangaroos usually do in a trophy shot. Just about everything else can share a pose with similar species. I'm not sure the ducks/geese/ptarmigans/pheasant/rabbits would even needs poses, having them hang limp by the hunter's hand in the small game hunter pose seems adequate enough unless there's a way to make them snap into the hunter's hand.

Anyway, I'd be all about this. I'd be equally alright with the aforementioned ragdolling not happening when switching between the two photo modes but hey, at least the animal trophy poses could be monetized.
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Tann....
I thought your suggestion of no ragdoll gravity play in it at all would be the greatest thing for setting up a trophy animal,
make every movement on the model stagnant where it doesn't drop as if hung by weighted gravity but no floating like in space where everything would go up with lighter gravity.
No gravity involved at all.
Pretty simple and it shouldn't be that hard to do as the way it is now set-up by just setting your player Icon up 1st
then pulling the model into place and adjusting its body and limbs.
If they are pre-set stances then that would get old fast, just like the player Icon stances are now.
Anyways.... IMO it would be a great step in making them more adjustable in the photo poses without working so hard on them to get what you really wanted as it
can be now with the gravity ragdoll setup.
muledeer
Hunter

Trophy shot Poses + Trophy Logde Poses

Post by muledeer »

We have two tools ingame.
1. the Trophy Shot poses
2. and the Tropy Logde Pose for the animals in full Body Plattforms

Wouldn't there be the possibility to combine the two?

First you align your avatar and then (like in the logde) look at the animal and click through the animal poses with the right mouse button.

A wonderful trophy shot is ready

Nice for turkeys and other small animals, isn't it?
Last edited by xOEDragonx on February 13th, 2020, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined With Similar Topic

Return to “Animal Suggestions”