Ruffed Grouse for RFF, WRR, and TGT

gas56
Outfitter

Re: Ruffed Grouse for RFF, WRR, and TGT

Post by gas56 »

I would like to see Ruffed grouse in theHunter as I hunted them IRL as likewise with other small game, and I like to hunt big game also.
But IMO I think they would be better in SC instead of RFF, WRR, & TGT, even though the latter reserves are in the Ruffs range.
They love the thick brush and understory of woodlots, and hedge-grows,.. and the habitat in SC would be where you would find them, in the thick of it.
There is only one thing missing though that would never work,...
and that is a dog to flush them up on your command when they've pointed. I don't think EW will allow a hunting dog to do this in the game.
Of course we could do the walk & flush without the dogs.... and maybe register a drummers location on the Hunter Mate.
In the game it would be a challenge when they suddenly kicked up 10-15 meters in front of you without a clue of them being there which would be fine with me,
as these upland birds don't like anything getting too close to them. But their loud wing-beat would alert you of there takeoff just like IRL and fly away from you just like a Pheasant does.
Maybe one day, Ruffs will get it's time.
At least I hope it does...... :D
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

gas56 wrote:I would like to see Ruffed grouse in theHunter as I hunted them IRL as likewise with other small game, and I like to hunt big game also.
But IMO I think they would be better in SC instead of RFF, WRR, & TGT, even though the latter reserves are in the Ruffs range.
They love the thick brush and understory of woodlots, and hedge-grows,.. and the habitat in SC would be where you would find them, in the thick of it.
There is only one thing missing though that would never work,...
and that is a dog to flush them up on your command when they've pointed. I don't think EW will allow a hunting dog to do this in the game.
Of course we could do the walk & flush without the dogs.... and maybe register a drummers location on the Hunter Mate.
In the game it would be a challenge when they suddenly kicked up 10-15 meters in front of you without a clue of them being there which would be fine with me,
as these upland birds don't like anything getting too close to them. But their loud wing-beat would alert you of there takeoff just like IRL and fly away from you just like a Pheasant does.
Maybe one day, Ruffs will get it's time.
At least I hope it does...... :D
I like the your idea: "when you get anywhere closer than 15 meters they flush" rather than having to step on pheasants to get them up, while this does happen irl, it is usually pen raised/released pheasants that are this stubborn.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

baloo.the.dog wrote: I like the your idea: "when you get anywhere closer than 15 meters they flush" rather than having to step on pheasants to get them up, while this does happen irl, it is usually pen raised/released pheasants that are this stubborn.
I was really talkin' about how grouse and pheasant flush and fly away,.....
I sure wouldn't want Ruffed Grouse to act anything like the Ptarmigans do flying back to you............... :lol:
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

gas56 wrote:
baloo.the.dog wrote: I like the your idea: "when you get anywhere closer than 15 meters they flush" rather than having to step on pheasants to get them up, while this does happen irl, it is usually pen raised/released pheasants that are this stubborn.
I sure wouldn't want Ruffed Grouse to act anything like the Ptarmigans flying back to you............... :lol:
I know what you meant. I too think that the ptarmigan behavior atm is messed up, and instead the ptarmigan should act more like the pheasants.

Roll Tide!!
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

baloo.the.dog wrote:
gas56 wrote:
I sure wouldn't want Ruffed Grouse to act anything like the Ptarmigans flying back to you............... :lol:
I know what you meant. I too think that the ptarmigan behavior atm is messed up, and instead the ptarmigan should act more like the pheasants.
The thing about the game is upland birds are nothing like they are IRL because actually when you flush a bird a couple of times they get pooped pretty fast and don't fly as far each time they're flushed up.
In the game it's the opposite each time they get flushed they fly just as far or further than the 1st flush.
I guess that's why chicken like birds like to run a lot.
DutchHunter74
Tracker

Post by DutchHunter74 »

Baloo, Gas, I like these ideas a lot! Hopefully, one day we get a reserve only for the smaller game, water-fowl and upland-bird hunters. No luring, calling or tracing tracks, just walking and getting surprised by pheasants, grouses, ducks, hares etc. flushed in front or near you. You never know what or when, also a great opportunity for quick and challenging shots and not to forget....a dog who points and flush...
Spoiler:
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

DutchHunter74 wrote:Baloo, Gas, I like these ideas a lot! Hopefully, one day we get a reserve only for the smaller game, water-fowl and upland-bird hunters. No luring, calling or tracing tracks, just walking and getting surprised by pheasants, grouses, ducks, hares etc. flushed in front or near you. You never know what or when, also a great opportunity for quick and challenging shots and not to forget....a dog who points and flush...
and the perfect place for this would be an Autumn, American Midwestern farm.

Roll Tide!!
maxhofmannp

Post by maxhofmannp »

baloo.the.dog wrote:Grouse for Redfeather Falls, Whiterime, and Timbergold Trails.
Here is their map range:

Here is what they look like:
ImageImage

Hope you like this idea!
I love small game hunting, specially birds ... i think Ducks and goose are just amazingly done, but i woudn't like to have them on RFF, this EHR is made for relax bow hunting, to cover on a tree, to be crouched looking for a shot, to just enjoy calm ... it will ruin it
n' about WRR AND TGT, it would be nice to have some birds ... and a new air rifle!!!
Don't buy the Colt!!!
Join our latin-american players community!

https://www.facebook.com/TheHunterLatinoAmerica
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

thank you^

Roll Tide!!
Sulfurblade
Hunter

Post by Sulfurblade »

Still amazed all these birds were added before the Ruffed Grouse!!!!

Return to “Animal Suggestions”