Locating the European Rabbit could be a bit easier.

deerman30
Tracker

Locating the European Rabbit could be a bit easier.

Post by deerman30 »

I think there should at least some sort of indication that I'm finding European rabbits. It's hard to find them in BRR, despite it being wide open. Heck, what's point of the guests that want to find these animals if they can't find them at all? Maybe at least something like a Peregrine Falcon or a Red-tailed Hawk circling around a system in a 50m radius should do the trick.

I Love Big Racks
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: Locating the European Rabbit could be a bit easier.

Post by caledonianblues »

You need to locate the tracks, then follow them to either find the rabbits, or the burrow (if when tracking them you spooked them). I think it's relatively easy to find them. It's waiting for them to pop their little heads up that's the frustrating part ;)
deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

caledonianblues wrote:You need to locate the tracks, then follow them to either find the rabbits, or the burrow (if when tracking them you spooked them). I think it's relatively easy to find them. It's waiting for them to pop their little heads up that's the frustrating part ;)
Waiting for them is easy for me. Trying to find something that changes its location every session is the hard part. Idk if spawning random means in between those certain spots or anywhere on the reserve.

I Love Big Racks
willybepop
Hunter

Post by willybepop »

The burrows have to spawn in random locations. If they were always at the same location you could restarted the game and keep coming back over and over again. Would make the hunt way too easy. With that being said, if I'm looking for rabbits, I'll just run until I spook one and then follow the tracks back to the burrows. I will carry a tri-pod stand with me and set it up once I find the burrows. Then I wait for the long ears to pop their heads out and BOOM! Rabbit stew. Hit me up if you ever want to go. I have a two person tri-pod we can use.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

deerman30 wrote:I think there should at least some sort of indication that I'm finding European rabbits. It's hard to find them in BRR, despite it being wide open. Heck, what's point of the guests that want to find these animals if they can't find them at all? Maybe at least something like a Peregrine Falcon or a Red-tailed Hawk circling around a system in a 50m radius should do the trick.
Just a silly idea...the game is the "Hunter". If you know where the animals are all the time, it's not really hunting, is it?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
deerman30 wrote:I think there should at least some sort of indication that I'm finding European rabbits. It's hard to find them in BRR, despite it being wide open. Heck, what's point of the guests that want to find these animals if they can't find them at all? Maybe at least something like a Peregrine Falcon or a Red-tailed Hawk circling around a system in a 50m radius should do the trick.
Just a silly idea...the game is the "Hunter". If you know where the animals are all the time, it's not really hunting, is it?
All I want is some way to know that I'm going the right direction. It doesn't have to be the ones I mentioned. I looked on the wiki, and it tells me that their spawn location is random. I ran around like a chicken without its head looking for these SONS OF B'S. You know what: Forget it. It's not worth my time to explain why I have to bend my back trying to keep an eye out for these stupid rabbits. Not especially since most of the time I find more foxes and goats (on BRR) and more Roes, Red Stags, foxes, and bears than the supposed numerous European Rabbit. Maybe I wasted my time starting this topic wanting something that could put me at ease whenever I want to hunt the European Rabbit. Maybe it would've saved me the more countless hours I would spend in total that I would fail 90% of the time on these hunts. At least the Cottontail somewhat was easier; it didn't run back into its little hole where it was safe. It would run a few meters and then settle down. I'm a patient person, but it's just ridiculous that I have to spend what seem like hours just trying to find those tracks.

I Love Big Racks
willybepop
Hunter

Post by willybepop »

If you can find the burrows, then you've accomplished 95% of the work. They will pop back out of the burrows. You just have to sit tight for a few minutes. If you don't have a tri-pod, find a rock around the burrows that will give you some height to see all of the burrows. The rabbits will pop out and look around. Then they run to the next burrow. Just blow them away. I normally get 5 to 6 rabbits per burrow area. It's so much easier for me to hunt E Rabbits than the cottantails.
denver
Spotter

Post by denver »

You need to locate the tracks, then follow them to either find the rabbits, or the burrow (if when tracking them you spooked them). I think it's relatively easy to find them. It's waiting for them to pop their little heads up that's the frustrating part ;)
I agree with caledonianblues :)

Return to “Animal Suggestions”