Hunting Bighorn Sheep in Timbergold Trails ...

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Hunting Bighorn Sheep in Timbergold Trails ...

Post by DYEUZ »

Thx David for your opinion / comment .

The pros and cons part , well , like i said , all taste are out there and personal for sure .
The getting stuck part , well, for me , its pretty much all over where there are rocks , big or small. I remember going for parmesan birds in VDB and bringing my dog , Rellik , to go get them . He was getting often stuck behind rocks and all. I just can't imagine bringing him here for the same kind of hunt , omg !
The BhS spawn part , well , i would probably be shocked . But doesn't make it better for me as i think there are few of them .

Without revealing to much , can you tell me that the spawn ratio of the BhS and the Ibex are similar ?

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

So I put some hours in tonight and learnt that don't be sneaky is all I can say. Run around find tracks, listen to the shingle move as they run away or you hear footprints. They don't flee far and you can pretty much pick off 60% of the herds this hunt was 6 hours long. But I paused sometimes and wasted about 2 hours being sneaky. Its a shame you cant see when the animals were shot. You would see that 80% came in the last 4 hours. I ran out of ammo hahahahaha well for the trusty old .308

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/tree ... n/74794236

It has me currently sitting second for the competition.

TK
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Getting stuck on orange sized rocks five times per minute pretty much everywhere is what drives me away from hunting bhs.
Regarding the population, they could be getting stuck on trees or rocks. I have been noticing it a lot on several other places.
Spoiler:
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I don't hunt them so much. But I completely agree with you, DYEUZ.
BHS area is big enough and it even can be a completely another reserve by size!
And the population of BHS for this big area is not that much! There are few activities and when I was hunting there, I barely find 10 tracks in 1 hour!
And stuck on a 10 cm height rock make everything much worse!
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Violator31
Outfitter

Post by Violator31 »

[quote="TreeKiwi" Its a shame you cant see when the animals were shot. [/quote]
Nice hunt.
The time of the harvest is there in the stats;
#1 Score
#2 Harvest value
#3 Weight
#4 Time of harvest
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
Leadfan
Tracker

Post by Leadfan »

I agree with most what said: especially about the very often and almost everywhere stuck problem. But also the terrain itself is full of kind of small holes everywhere which make the sheep kind of unnaturally popping up and down all the time and that is really not good to see. It is much natural to see them in the few forest and level areas in the map. These two things alone reduce to a big extent the otherwise great hunting experience ...
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

DYEUZ wrote:Thx David for your opinion / comment .

The pros and cons part , well , like i said , all taste are out there and personal for sure .
The getting stuck part , well, for me , its pretty much all over where there are rocks , big or small. I remember going for parmesan birds in VDB and bringing my dog , Rellik , to go get them . He was getting often stuck behind rocks and all. I just can't imagine bringing him here for the same kind of hunt , omg !
The BhS spawn part , well , i would probably be shocked . But doesn't make it better for me as i think there are few of them .

Without revealing to much , can you tell me that the spawn ratio of the BhS and the Ibex are similar ?

I see you probably changed your opinion about them now... also my advice clearly works hahahaha :D

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/dyeu ... n/74799840

Nice work. I feel a bit cheated now that you can just keep adding to your score :(

TK
RudiRR
Scout

Post by RudiRR »

HOSSEIN.D wrote: And the population of BHS for this big area is not that much!!
In my opinion this is good. For some species it should be harder to hunt. The Hunter is hunt simylation, We don't do shooting game likę BF3.
RudiRR
Scout

Post by RudiRR »

DYEUZ wrote:. For me , it is the most frustrating and a waste of time hunting , for what the results could be .
tyvm
Hunting need time and patience.
I think the game is to easy. Difficulty level should be a higher becouse this is a hunting simulator. If I want to shoot I play in Battlefield
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

... I did some little changes in my ways of hunting them last night . It was good , not more . Why ?
Because of the constant '' getting stuck '' and doing a 4½ hrs hunt is way to much for me . ( I just tested and went all in last night )
I find it very time consuming and hard , terrain wise , to track them , even more if they are fleeing .

Anyway , my comp is about done and i have a 184 to show , which was my 24th and last BhS that i got last night .

thx to all for your opinions / comments / feedback .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Return to “Animal Suggestions”