Bob-White Quail (Settler Creeks)

baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Bob-White Quail (Settler Creeks)

Post by baloo.the.dog »

My favorite thing to do on the hunter is hunt upland game, and I noticed that the fields with the thick vegetation would be ideal for hunting quail. they would be a simple reskin of ptarmigan and the ai of pheasant. These birds would perfect Settler Creeks and even Loggers point.
Give us ptarmigans on Whiterime Ridge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roll Tide!!
GreatBighorn
Scout

Re: Bob-White Quail (Settler Creeks)

Post by GreatBighorn »

Just now i found this topic since i was ready to make one for the same suggestion. To be honest feel kinda disappointed see no post on this topic.

Defiantly i love the idea especially for the Bob-White since it's so common worldwide. It's good to be the next upland bird cause it's an upland species that no need necessary a pointer dog and our current Golden Retriever can do the job like in real life. Maybe the size of the target will be a little pain for now - without the help from a choke etc, but i'm sure the game can handle it more or less. Another negative issue may be the size of the pellet that we use, i think at the birdshot description says #3 but maybe im wrong, im no so sure. Well, it will cause an unrealistic issue since in real you need those #9, #8 or #7 field loads for that little devil ;) About the place now... I don't know exactly where will be the best region for it but i trust the search of Balloo about take place at Settler Creeks.

Good hunting to all!
Patience is virtue for hunting
Always perfect shots "on the wing"
If you don't find me flush the roosters you'll find me blast some puddle drakes
Nothing harder than shooting WT Ptarms at dusk!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

I would vote no. Imagine trying to find those things in the twisted trees and shrubs? It would be okay if EW would put them in meadows, like in real life, but they have all birds (except pheasants) hiding for some reason. And even if they're out in the open when you flush them, the first thing they do is head for the trees. Very frustrating. Hard to hunt. Hard to bring down airborne. Especially the white tail ptarmigan in TgT, which has the same scrubby trees and shrubs in the mountains as are found on Settler Creeks. Just my 2 cents. They could do away with all game birds.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

GreatBighorn wrote:Just now i found this topic since i was ready to make one for the same suggestion. To be honest feel kinda disappointed see no post on this topic.

Defiantly i love the idea especially for the Bob-White since it's so common worldwide. It's good to be the next upland bird cause it's an upland species that no need necessary a pointer dog and our current Golden Retriever can do the job like in real life. Maybe the size of the target will be a little pain for now - without the help from a choke etc, but i'm sure the game can handle it more or less. Another negative issue may be the size of the pellet that we use, i think at the birdshot description says #3 but maybe im wrong, im no so sure. Well, it will cause an unrealistic issue since in real you need those #9, #8 or #7 field loads for that little devil ;) About the place now... I don't know exactly where will be the best region for it but i trust the search of Balloo about take place at Settler Creeks.

Good hunting to all!
You are right about one thing,... you can never guess what animal EW comes up with and where it will be put, and if it makes sense to you, it surely won't to EW..... ;)
IMO quail on settlers creek would be good if they could keep the Quail in the old pasture areas and along the hedgerows, or they could put them in the open brushy fields of Loggers point.
But if we want the perfect place for them a new map would be in order,... like a farm map, something like Hirschfeldon, but not Hirschfeldon.
Can't see it being made right now after all the N. America maps that's been made, can you?
But I could see an Euro map with farms and lots of birds, like maybe in England, or the sort?
A map like Settlers Creek would be better off with ruffed grouse, It has way more woodlands than old abandoned farmland, which Bob-White Quail prefer.
And upland bird hunting is not Goose or Duck hunting in theHunter, so I am all for them birds winging through some tree's.
If it was too easy you might as well go shoot the chickens in the yard. And I'm not talking about Prairie Chickens...... :lol:
Have a good 1................................GAS
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

stancomputerhunter wrote:I would vote no. Imagine trying to find those things in the twisted trees and shrubs? It would be okay if EW would put them in meadows, like in real life, but they have all birds (except pheasants) hiding for some reason. And even if they're out in the open when you flush them, the first thing they do is head for the trees. Very frustrating. Hard to hunt. Hard to bring down airborne. Especially the white tail ptarmigan in TgT, which has the same scrubby trees and shrubs in the mountains as are found on Settler Creeks. Just my 2 cents. They could do away with all game birds.
we can find cottontails in Settler creeks, why not quail? plus the use of a locator call would help find 'em.

Roll Tide!!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

baloo.the.dog wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:I would vote no. Imagine trying to find those things in the twisted trees and shrubs? It would be okay if EW would put them in meadows, like in real life, but they have all birds (except pheasants) hiding for some reason. And even if they're out in the open when you flush them, the first thing they do is head for the trees. Very frustrating. Hard to hunt. Hard to bring down airborne. Especially the white tail ptarmigan in TgT, which has the same scrubby trees and shrubs in the mountains as are found on Settler Creeks. Just my 2 cents. They could do away with all game birds.
we can find cottontails in Settler creeks, why not quail? plus the use of a locator call would help find 'em.
That's a good point. I play on max settings, plus I'm old, so I can't see the bunnies until I step on them.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
baloo.the.dog
Hunter

Post by baloo.the.dog »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
baloo.the.dog wrote:
That's a good point. I play on max settings, plus I'm old, so I can't see the bunnies until I step on them.
same here, it aint right shooting the bunnies while they are crouched anyways

Roll Tide!!

Return to “Animal Suggestions”