Animal Deaths - Momentum

TheHottShott

Animal Deaths - Momentum

Post by TheHottShott »

I've seen several posts concerning how the animals should die, including death throes and better ragdolls. I do agree, the ragdolls could most certainly be better than the rubber knees they seem to have currently. However, something I have not seen people suggest (outside of birds) is momentum. When you hit, say a moose, with a single lung, or a liver shot, they're going to take off running, only for a few seconds, but then they just rubber knees straight down for their death. It just seems a like it is a little lacking that their running momentum doesn't affect their descent from life to the ground. I don't think that it would be too hard, but I don't know. I'm not a programmer.
"Remember, it's not about the trophy kill, though it's nice to bag a big buck. But, it's those memories you recall later in life that make sub-zero temperatures, a blizzard, and howling wind all worth it." - My grandfather's last hunt.
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Re: Animal Deaths - Momentum

Post by DonderDeer »

I think there's a good chance we'd run into a lot of "bouncing animal" problems if they tried to make gravity and momentum affect the animals realistically. Remember the bouncing ducks? :?
homk
TheHottShott

Post by TheHottShott »

DonderDeer wrote:I think there's a good chance we'd run into a lot of "bouncing animal" problems if they tried to make gravity and momentum affect the animals realistically. Remember the bouncing ducks? :?
Yes, but, there is now momentum for the pheasants in game, and I've tested that out. Works fine. They bounce a little bit after hitting the ground, but don't engage hyperdrive like the ducks did. The only problem with the ducks is their altitude and the rebound effect from wanting to float in water (similar to Battlefield 4 and LAVs in water, if you care for FPS games). What's to say an animal that stands about 1.5 meters tall, fall forward when walking or running, instead of straight down, like what they do now?
"Remember, it's not about the trophy kill, though it's nice to bag a big buck. But, it's those memories you recall later in life that make sub-zero temperatures, a blizzard, and howling wind all worth it." - My grandfather's last hunt.
DonderDeer
Outfitter

Post by DonderDeer »

Idk, not saying it can't work or wouldn't be nice. I'm a little uneducated on the subject technologically speaking.
homk

Return to “Animal Suggestions”