Dog Backpack or Dog Vest?

Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Dog Backpack or Dog Vest?

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Which is it? I mean either consolidate these into one or allow the dog to wear both at the same time. If the vest keeps your dog warm while hunting snow geese, what does the backpack do? Is it also thermal-lined? We need camo-ed backpacks that are also environment-ready. Arctic Backpacks should also keep dogs warm.
xOEDragonx

Re: Dog Backpack or Dog Vest?

Post by xOEDragonx »

I've always considered the dog vests to be exclusively cosmetic. I've never had any reason to believe the climate (extreme heat or cold) affects the dog or it's functionality in any way shape or form. Thus, the winter vests are functionally no different than the regular vests. There are camo vests, but I'm not convinced they do much of anything either. The dog will spook things if it's up and moving, and won't if it's in the stay position, regardless of what it's wearing or not in my experience.

The backpacks serve a function in that they allow you to have extra inventory space. I'm not sure the vests serve any more use than the various collars-- to look cute.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Yes, thanks for the response. I'm well aware what each is supposed to do. It's puzzling why they are both offered when they could simply offer a thermal-lined backpack that takes care of both. If you read about the benefits of the vests, we are told that they have camo effects. So if there's anything to the idea of camo-ed equipment then the vests offer something that the backpacks do not. I don't see that listed for the backpacks. Am I to assume that means the backpacks offer extra carry space at the expense of visual coverage? This is extra clutter that needs either cleaning up in the description or re-working the item to be offered. Otherwise, they're confusing.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

The answer, as with many, many things in this game is: legacy. The backpacks were released way after the vests were, and as usual old things stay as they are and sometimes become irrelevant.
Spoiler:
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

BuiuRei wrote:The answer, as with many, many things in this game is: legacy. The backpacks were released way after the vests were, and as usual old things stay as they are and sometimes become irrelevant.
Yes, and it's easy to see why things like this are pushed to the side for way more important issues like the "bleach color of skulls"

Return to “Equipment Suggestions”